AHA Teach a friend to homebrew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dp69_2001

Reaction score
TAF-header.jpg

I'll brew. Everyone's invited.

I'm in St. Geroge, I grew up in Monroe. I'd like to be there.

That would be so effing cool! It's a few months away still. You should join the Utah brewers group: http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Utah_Brewers It's so hard to find people brewing around here. Hopefully, we can get a couple people out. If not.. We'll just have to brew anyways. lol

Just get together in pairs, dress nicely, and go knocking on doors, spreading the word about the glory of beer and handing out the hombrewer's bible. Your ready-made model for how to do this is all around you working in the opposite direction ;-)

Just get together in pairs, dress nicely, and go knocking on doors, spreading the word about the glory of beer and handing out the hombrewer's bible. Your ready-made model for how to do this is all around you working in the opposite direction ;-)

Hey! some ******** stole your idea! They showed up earlier today. Banging on my door loud enough to wake the baby. Then told me they were spreading the word of the heavenly father or some crap. I asked them if they wanted a beer, they turned it down, so I killed them.

Killing them was a little over zealous. I would have just informed them that Jesus made wine, and he never on the record refused a free drink(probably drank some rank home brew too)--then spat on them saying, "YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THAN JESUS!!!"

OMG

I have family in St. George and yes they're Mormons. I love my homebrew so much, not going to stop just because they don't partake.

I hope you have enough cooling to stay ahead of the heat down there. The t-shirt trick doesn't work too well when it's over 105 :)

My grandmother lives in St George. Woo Hoo!!! Good luck. Sounds like fun. My homebrew club is doing a all grain class for Teach a Friend to Homebrew day. I'll probably go there because I'd like to try it out.

I didn't kill anyone lol. I'll be doing an AG for this event not sure what we'll brew though. It was pretty hard to keep the beer cool for a couple weeks.

My brews have fermented at 72-73f in the cabinet under my sink. I may have my saison out side in a large tub of watter, it will stay under 90f I'd bet.

I love the desert. I'm a roofer, and on a black papered roof 130f is not uncommon. I also install tubular skylight and attics get that hot as well. I roofed in Las Vegas too, I started 1989. Nothing invigorates like hard work in the heat.

My brews have fermented at 72-73f in the cabinet under my sink. I may have my saison out side in a large tub of watter, it will stay under 90f I'd bet.

I love the desert. I'm a roofer, and on a black papered roof 130f is not uncommon. I also install tubular skylight and attics get that hot as well. I roofed in Las Vegas too, I started 1989. Nothing invigorates like hard work in the heat.

I think the heat cooked a few brain cells possibly;)

LOL. Naw, I tore apart one of those styrofoam containers and duct taped it all over a large tote. It keeps it pretty cool. However, I find that I get nearly the same results if I make my bucket wear a t shirt and throw it in some water. I'd bet it would even be better if I stuck a fan over it. But whatev. It's been getting colder. I've basically told myself I won't turn the thermostat above 60f all winter. Because I'm broke. lol.

Back