redstar premier cuvee to make a red blend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_Nyholm

Reaction score
I just purchased a wine expert California trinity red kit(cab sauv, cab franc, and merlot blend). It came with redstar premier cuvee yeast. I pulled up the information sheet online and it seems this is more of a champagne/white wine/pi not yeast. Should I worry or just pitch it like normal? It says it is a very clean yeast with some butter and caramel tones, I am not sure if I should be using it.

Thank!

Well...a lot of R&D goes into these kits. And part of that is the ideal yeast. I have had several bottles of this wine gifted to me after they were aged for 15 months,made per kit directions, using the yeast you indicated...and if all goes well with your Trinity Red you will enjoy it just as much as I savored that first bottle.

Well...a lot of R&D goes into these kits. And part of that is the ideal yeast. I have had several bottles of this wine gifted to me after they were aged for 15 months,made per kit directions, using the yeast you indicated...and if all goes well with your Trinity Red you will enjoy it just as much as I savored that first bottle.

Figured that as well and pitched it. It just seemed strange to me that they would choose a yeast that doesn't sound like it is designed for it. Like choosing a German yeast for an american ale...

I don't know much about the different strains of yeasts, but I use Premier Cuvee for all my reds.

Latest posts

Back