Is My Igloo Max Cold Island Breeze MLT Acceptable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boardndave

Reaction score
I was recently given a cooler from Costco that is not quite perfect as an MLT, but I made a few adaptions that I believe will allow it to work out well. The model is a 62 Quart Igloo MaxCold Island Breeze cooler. Before I test it out, does anybody have any tips based on what they see here? The temperature does hold nicely and the dead volume is about 4 cups, or just under a liter.

This is the model:

7459125311p

Here's an image of the inside:

PcxLr.jpg

That will work fine. The deadspace should be reduced if you put some tubing on the outside.

You mean from the valve into my boil kettle? I agree, and that's what I have set up. This pic was just in the middle of draining. Thanks for the advice!

Definitely usable. My only 'objection' :D is that it's too small! Lol

Ha! It seems enormous for now, though I don't have any grain bills larger than 15# in the near future.

Edit: Forgot to add...I wound up with 78% efficiency after splitting up my batch sparge into two steps. Successful first all-grain!

Back