Stuck co2 problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soccerbigt

Reaction score
This weekend i started Force carbing my first 2 kegs of beer. i used the method 35 psi,35 hours, 35 degrees.

Everything was going food for the first 24 hours approximately, and then i went back at the 35 hour mark and the co2 tank was empty. I'm assuming there is a slow leak somewhere as the tank was fairly full. This is the first time i have ever used the tank.

I was wondering what i should do from here?? Obviously refill the tank and use some soapy water to check for leaks. But as for carbing should i put down to 10psi and see how carbed the beer is? I havnt released any pressure from the kegs so there still at 35 psi.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.:mug:

I dont think its from the keg because when i first racked the beer from the primary to the keg i blasted it a couple of times with 20psi just to seal it up and everythign and let it sit for another week and then i realesed the pressure when it came time to force carbing and i could here the pressure coming out..
I also thought it might be that but i think thats a good sign it isnt.

How big of a tank was it? If it was a 2.5 pound bottle or a bottle that was partly filled it may not be a leak. It may just be over-carbed.

But most likely you have at least a 5 pound tank and it is a leak.

But as for carbing should i put down to 10psi and see how carbed the beer is?

Right idea, but release the pressure first to eliminate the possibility of beer backing up into the regulator.

Back