Uses for cut off keggle top and tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleHole

Reaction score
I have the tops and downspouts to both my keggles and was wondering if there was anything useful to make out of these. I would hate to toss them to later find out I could have used them for something.

*shrug* the downspout long enough to use as a racking cane?

Are you a SCA geek? That top might make a nice buckler. :)

That's a good point. I guess I will lop off the tube and scrap the top. If I toss the whole thing I will regret it yet if I keep it I will never use it. Isn't that how it works....

I just got a plasma cutter and needed to practice before doing any actual cutting. Luckily I don't throw scraps out so I've got plenty of test material.

The top of a sanke would make a KILLER frizbee...

Don't just toss find a recycling center or scrap yard. The price of srap is at its highest. I just asked about a couple kegs at the scrap yard and they are going for about $50.00 and some change.

zweasel said:
Don't just toss find a recycling center or scrap yard. The price of srap is at its highest. I just asked about a couple kegs at the scrap yard and they are going for about $50.00 and some change.

$50! Wow, I just saw some here for a buck a pound, which comes out in the $20-25 range.

As for the down spout, they make great stirrers for your kettle. Also, it make short work of that neighbor who keeps mooching beer! Wham - problem solved.

Brewpastor said:
As for the down spout, they make great stirrers for your kettle. Also, it make short work of that neighbor who keeps mooching beer! Wham - problem solved.

Anybody have an extra down spout? I have a neighbor that seriously needs it. I just found out he's been sneaking in my garage and filling pitchers. If there weren't so many cops in my area I'd kill him...

Monster Mash said:
Anybody have an extra down spout? I have a neighbor that seriously needs it. I just found out he's been sneaking in my garage and filling pitchers. If there weren't so many cops in my area I'd kill him...

Kill him anyway, im sure the coppers will understand!.... after a few Homebrews...

:mug:

Dont know what to do with them but im a hoarder and sure enough if i throw them out i will want them back for something, sometime. Yep definetly keeping mine

with a little work it would make a pretty good "dry hopper". some small holes and a bottom it will go right into a carboy.

John

I second the stir idea. That's what I did with mine. A couple of cuts and a little pounding with a hammer and I had a nice flat paddle at one end. Works well.

Monster Mash said:

Kill him anyway and make your own version of a 'dead guy ale'

Thanks for the ideas on what to use mine for, I'm seriously considering making a mash paddle with it.

Monster Mash said:

Don't kill him. Just secretly videotape him stealing from you, then post it onto youtube -- he'll wish he was dead.

Back