I'm going to get kicked off the GSXR forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
I love this forum( HBT)!!!! Its a place I can go to learn a be entertained without EAC's I also love riding and I go on this GSXR.com forum to learn and check stuff out but all I read about is some a-hole calling someone a retard for this or that. It pisses me off so bad. Anyway, tonite I decided to go off on any negative comments I see on that forum so I'll see what happens. I really gave it to one dude who says hes an instrutor but has nothing to say but silly sh*t So in a nut shell "I love you guys" (As said in a drunken slurred speach)
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=51000
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=50666 I'm ilikemybike

You know there are 3 distinct classes of riders- Cruisers, riders and sportbikedouches

The main diff from a rider and a ****** is not the bike but the attitude.

Whats funny is I get a lot of **** from GSXR1K and R1s for having a twin (SV1000s). But the best part is I stomp them up to about 115ish. Ive never taken mine past 130 and not above 95 for more than a few seconds. I like to ride to ride not to race.

MikeFlynn74 said:
You know there are 3 distinct classes of riders- Cruisers, riders and sportbikedouches But the best part is I stomp them up to about 115ish

Not sure who you are riding against, but I had a 1991 GSXR1100 that I regularly ran bone stock at the track (with a half flat road tire) and could consistantly run under a 10.50 @ over 130mph. Fastest was a 10.31 @ 141mph.

I doubt your SV can do better than that ;) Not saying it's a slouch, and I have no idea what the current crop of superbikes are like in the bottom end, but I never lost a race to a stock, or near stock road bike (at the track) unless I made a mistake.

I have raced on and off road bikes, snowmobiles, drag cars, mud raced 4X4 high performance trucks, and Modified dirt track stock cars. I am not just talking about racing some bloke away from a stop light occasionally, but the real deal. I'm not bragging, just stating the facts that I spent a lot of time and money on racing in my life, and I know how it's done ;) I never set the world on fire, but I had a lot of fun and took home plenty of hardware.:mug:

Pete the older ones sure- They had much broader powerband and some decent torque. anything 99 or newer has 0 bottom end.

Maybe stomping them is a stretch. But I dont lose by 9 bikes. 1 maybe 2 and Im not saying a full on race - more 1/8th mile. A good r1 rider or a bike like yours is just about equal and will pass me at the 1/8th mark.

Im just saying it pisses people off that I have a twin and the race isnt a complete blowout. Its more a front to thier ego than anything else.

Yeah, I just did a bit of reading. It appears that the bikes are getting faster, but not quicker. I'll never forget how BAD I wanted an 85 VMAX when I saw that Jay Gleason ran a 9.69 1/4 mile on a stock bike with a set of wheelie bars, a drag slick and a bit of lowering. Truth is it probably would have killed me.

lol! No kidding. Truth be told im not a real gofast guy. I like it and when the road is open sure. But around town I love my bike cause its 55mpg!

If I crank the throttle in 1 or 2nd its wheelie mad!

I am a cruiser. I just don't feel comfortable running high speed on 2 wheels. I do my high speed runs wrapped in a cage thankyouvery much.:lol:

Forums like that just remind me why I will never own another sport bike, unless its a track only bike.. I have to agree with the guy on that last thread. Their are way to many dumb asses out their on bikes, that should not be.

Now, don't get me wrong ... I love my SV650. And a big part of the reason that I love it is that, to get faster at the track, I've had to become a better rider, braking later, carrying higher corner speeds, and getting on the throttle earler coming out of corners. I can't just whack the throttle open on the straights. Hell, any monkey can stand a bike up straight and twist his wrist. Honestly, It's very statisfying to have a guy on a liter bike walk past me down the front straight, only to outbrake him in turn one (not all of them, obviously. :) )

But to say a V-twin can "stomp" an I4 of similar displacement up to ~115? That's just not true. Yes, they do have more torque, and that's really nice. It's awesome not to have to spin the engine up to get into the powerband. But that doesn't mean us V-twin guys are on faster bikes, even down low. For comparison purposes, here's an overlay of the dyno curves for an SV650, an R6, and a CBR600RR. Data is from Sport Rider mag, curve was put together by glinskyc over on the svrider.com forums. All data was aquired from the same dyno.

HP_compare.jpg

We may have a few more horsepower up until ~9250 RPM, but not much, and after that... well, then it's a different ball game. It's a close race up to that point, but with riders of equal skill, it's definitely not a stomping, and after that, V-twin bikes just can't win a sheer straight-line accelleration race. But, hey, aren't the curves more fun, anyway? :mug:

e lo

like I said- Stomping them was a stretch.

But I do have a few feet for a good 6-8 seconds until they can get into the higher rpms. Thats more than enough to satisfy me considering I paid 8K for mine and they are shelling out almost 14k.

MikeFlynn74 said:
e lo

like I said- Stomping them was a stretch.

But I do have a few feet for a good 6-8 seconds until they can get into the higher rpms. Thats more than enough to satisfy me considering I paid 8K for mine and they are shelling out almost 14k.

Amen to that! :mug:

67coupe390 said:
I love this forum( HBT)!!!! Its a place I can go to learn a be entertained without EAC's I also love riding and I go on this GSXR.com forum to learn and check stuff out but all I read about is some a-hole calling someone a retard for this or that. It pisses me off so bad. Anyway, tonite I decided to go off on any negative comments I see on that forum so I'll see what happens. I really gave it to one dude who says hes an instrutor but has nothing to say but silly sh*t So in a nut shell "I love you guys" (As said in a drunken slurred speach)
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=51000
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=50666 I'm ilikemybike

Take down as many of them with you as you can. Multiple lifetime bans should be your goal.

I like lots of bikes, but the SV is just plain fun!!! The GSXR/R1 guys don't know what they're missing. The RC51 & Firehawks are pretty darn sexy too!!!

Modern V-Twins are teh sex. Note the Honda Civic Fart Cannon :D Notice: My throttle hand position I'm not touching the clutch. I'm also about 20 feet in front of the fence where I started from...:D :D
Eric_Wheelie_1_June_2007.jpg

Beerthoven said:
Take down as many of them with you as you can. Multiple lifetime bans should be your goal.
I think your right!!!!! I think I'll find some A-holes on the gizzer forum right now!!! LOL

Nice wheelie and nice bike too!!!!

So, if we were a bike forum, would Evan! be giving out the "Official HDT *****ie Award" to guys who lost control going 152MPH around a curve?

It took me a second, but I finally figured out what that picture was about in your sig on that other forum :D

Back