Brewday Equipment Positioning - No Brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullGator

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a keggle and just bought a plate chiller, hop rocket, chugger pump, and may also pick up a wort filter of some sort. My keggle has a valve at the bottom as is typical. My question is, where do people put all this stuff if they don't have a brew stand? I plan to build one but it's probably about a year out on my beer stuff list.

All my connectors are cam locks.

Here is my layout, I use a camp chef double burner so my pot is about 3 feet off the ground, my mash tun sits on an ugly garden bench that my wife's grandmother gave us like 15 years ago and I have hated it until I started brewing. I heat my water in the pot, transfer to my cooler and then drain from the cooler back into my pot (now sitting on the ground). In between I heat water again and add it to my camping cooler and use that to sparge (also sitting on my camp chef).

I have a cousin who has a gravity system setup from folding tables and garden furniture and he makes amazing beers. It is all about your budget and creativity.

Thanks for the response. I am more curious about where to put my pump, plate chiller, and hop rocket during chilling. My kettle valve is roughly about 3' above the ground as well.

Back