Wort chiller adapter for pull-down faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callmebruce

Reaction score
We put in a snazzy new kitchem faucet that does not have a normal threaded end, it has a pull-down sprayer instead. Was wondering if there is an adapter out there I could use for hooking up my wort chiller. Any ideas? Faucet is this one:
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/...Arc-Kitchen-Faucet-with-Pull-Down-Spray-5691/

I could probably take the wort outside and use the hose and hook that up to the wort chiller, but would like to figure out the faucet in the kitchen if I could.

I'll bet that there's still a threaded diffuser in that head that you can remove with a crescent wrench, then get a faucet by hose adapter for it. Either that or where the head connects to the hose, it should unscrew and you can get a different adapter.

You could tap into the water line feeding the faucet and add a tee and a shutoff valve under the sink. Just hook up the cooler input under the sink, and drain through the output back into the sink.

I'd probably just take it outside, or run a hose inside.

The oversized diffuser screws right off. It doesn't have a standard thread, but I bet I could find an adapter. Wandering over to the hardware store.

(but I was going to say, "Honey, that snazzy Christmas present you got me doesn't fit our kitchen faucet! I think I'll use it outside. By the way, I might as well brew outside." then snag a huge pot and burner and start playing all grain next to my bbq grill/smoker)

Bruce, attitude is everything! :) Don't let it ruin your plans!
I wouldlove to be brewing outside but it's been below freezing here in Denver since Christmas eve.

Some appropriately sized vinyl hose and band/hose clamps are great universal adapters.

(but I was going to say, "Honey, that snazzy Christmas present you got me doesn't fit our kitchen faucet! I think I'll use it outside. By the way, I might as well brew outside." then snag a huge pot and burner and start playing all grain next to my bbq grill/smoker)

You're going about this the wrong way. You need to convince you're wife that it would be a great idea to fry a turkey. Keep the topic of beer out of the equation. That will lead to the purchase of a turkey fryer, which by the way, can also be used to brew beer.:rockin:

You should be able to find an adapter in your hardware store or go find a local plumbing supply store and bring in the spray head of your faucet and they should have something. I used to have a similar faucet in my parents house and I managed to find a threaded to barb adapter that fit.

I would put a tee on the cold line under the sink, then put a regular hose spigot valve on there. Open the cabinet, attach hose (with a quick disconnect preferably) and let it rip. You want to really get in the dog house, ruin that snazzy faucet by screwing around with attaching a hose to it.

Back