Show me your bud; I'll show you mine . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greatlakeshops

Reaction score
Crown bud formation is a great way to tell how healthy your hop plant is and how it is going to perform next year. Here is a pic of crown buds on a typical 5 month old hop plant. Show us yours!
P1020302.JPG
[/IMG]
I posted more pics in my gallery to the left < :)

I dont have any. :-(

...but I'd like to.

Oe of the guys at work wants one for his desk.

I only had a couple beers tonight but that's kinda like having an elephant for a 'lap dog'!!!!!!! Hop On Dude!

Finally had some time to dig up an old Centennial that wasn't producing enough to keep. She was actually growing in a pretty crowded area. This was a 6 year old crown that had all the rhizomes cut back in the Spring. All the rhizome growth you see occurred over the growing season. The rhizomes are kinda flesh-colored and the true roots below are more brown in color. Just behind 'Hoppy's' right ear is a big 'fatty' that I may have missed when I harvested this past Spring. He's not too stable any more and fell over during the pic. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and remember to 'B-Hoppy'!

hopcrown.jpg

When I was in college, the roommates I had from Cleveland used to say 'nice' the same way you did. Brings back a lot of good memories! 2 x Hop ON!! ps: Hoppy may have 'had a few' before the pic, hahahaha. Adios!

Back