Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crap.jpg

Well, I guess in some ways it is not the worst. To be the worst you have to have a bad flavor, and to have bad flavor, you have to have flavor. This beer is sort of like drinking a beer in that it has some carbonation, but that is where the parallels end. To reproduce this beer, purchase a bud light, pour out half and refill the rest with water.

umopepisdn said:
Well, I guess in some ways it is not the worst. To be the worst you have to have a bad flavor, and to have bad flavor, you have to have flavor. This beer is sort of like drinking a beer in that it has some carbonation, but that is where the parallels end. To reproduce this beer, purchase a bud light, pour out half and refill the rest with water.

Wow! That's like .25 lovibond. Sauvignon Blanc has more color.

Wow! That's like .25 lovibond. Sauvignon Blanc has more color.

It is like a black hole in reverse. Where a black whole is so full of anti matter, it creates a massively strong pull towards it's center and can never be filled. This beer has so little matter, or anything in it, it has a reverse gravitational affect pushing solid matter away. Well, at least that is my theory since every time I see it I automatically feel propelled in the opposite direction

I drank this stuff called White Rascal, its a Belgian White. Something about the yeast flavor and Coriander in some of those Belgians that is just nasty to me, uggh.

umopepisdn said:

Seems like a waste to put that beer in a fancy, shapely glass like that. Its like a butherface. Nice transformer btw.

I think it was Sam Adams. It was called latitude 48. It was unbelievably disgusting. I didn't even finish the bottle out of the 6 pack.

Right now it's close. Either a Double IPA from a Massachusetts brewpub that will remain nameless. Full of Summit hops it smelled and tasted like that bag of onions you bought six months ago and just found in the bottom of the pantry, oozing and covered with mold. Then there is Brooklyn Concoction. I like many of Brooklyn beers and admire Garret Oliver but what were they thinking? This beer is like a schizophrenic cage death match. All kinds of powerful and not always pleasant flavors trying to beat each other into submission.

Michelob Ultra.....just about everything by Michelob is disgusting to me.
Also, I tried this weird looking beer called Roswell Alien Amber Ale I saw at the store one time. It tasted like watered down malt and nothing else. It was terrible

Michelob Ultra.....just about everything by Michelob is disgusting to me.
Also, I tried this weird looking beer called Roswell Alien Amber Ale I saw at the store one time. It tasted like watered down malt and nothing else. It was terrible

Ugh...I had Alien Amber also. My wife picked it out and it was terrible. That was the last time I told her to grab a 6 pack for me when she is at the store.

Natural Ice or Light.

As far as a micro it was Alpine Gold Blonde Ale by Tied House Brewing I got the beer from BevMo. I don't know what it was perhaps it got oxidized or sat around the store for a while, but it tasted like some one dry hopped hot dogs into it. I'm sure i'll try it again eventually, but hopefully it doesn't taste like a ball park beef frank.

While visiting a rather upscale restaurant in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I had the grave misfortune of ordering a Hacker-Pschorr, Weisse, I think.

It was terrible. I remember clearly that it seemed that the yeast strain must have been the culprit. It tasted like a wit on steroids, but also sour, and with a strange off-lime aftertaste. I sent it back to the bar in favor of a Blue Moon so that I could clear my palette.

WarrantedFED said:
While visiting a rather upscale restaurant in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I had the grave misfortune of ordering a Hacker-Pschorr, Weisse, I think.

It was terrible. I remember clearly that it seemed that the yeast strain must have been the culprit. It tasted like a wit on steroids, but also sour, and with a strange off-lime aftertaste. I sent it back to the bar in favor of a Blue Moon so that I could clear my palette.

Hacker Pschorr Weisse is just a typical, tame hefe. You must have had a bad bottle or something, because your description is way off.

emjay said:
Hacker Pschorr Weisse is just a typical, tame hefe. You must have had a bad bottle or something, because your description is way off.

I'm still disturbed by this months later. By all rights it should have been an excellent beer. It was draught, so possibly improper storage??

WarrantedFED said:
I'm still disturbed by this months later. By all rights it should have been an excellent beer. It was draught, so possibly improper storage??

Ah... I bet their beer lines need serious cleaning.

Lets See in the late 90's During College there were many contenders

Dirt Cheap Beer from St. Louis ---- Cheap, Cheap, Fun, Fun
Special Export
Stag
Milwaukee's Best Light

And what ever they served in the Nickle Pirchers on Tuesday and the Quarter drafts on Thrusday night

Goose Island Matilda

I love Belgian beers, this one came sour and tasted a little soapy. I believe there was glass contamination, hence I count it as worst commercial beer served to me.

Goose Island Matilda

I love Belgian beers, this one came sour and tasted a little soapy. I believe there was glass contamination, hence I count it as worst commercial beer served to me.

May have been the glass, but it could've also been the Brett and/or been one of the infected batches.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/4318
Users have reported some infected bottles from these batches:

4/1/10 12oz
4/17/10 12oz
4/22/10 12oz
5/20/10 12oz
4/16/10 650mL
5/21/10 650mL

I'm not even joking here, but my palate cannot take any light beer...at all.

For whatever reason I just cannot stomach drinking a light beer; whereas, pretty much everything else (aside from stouts) I've loved.:confused:

I go to stores and buy singles so I have had a fair share of sampling, but I have never had a beer I can't finished because it is a sin to waste beer.

But for worst commercial beer just about anything with a "Light" in it, i.e. Bud light, Coors light...

Can't understand why my friend only orders Coors Light. I told him why not just order a regular beer and a glass of water, then mix the 2 together. Now you got 2 Coors Light for the price of one. :cross:

This. Wild Blue takes the cake for worst beer I have ever had. I think it is made my AB also, so minus points for that as well.

I couldn't agree more. My father-in-law has the ability to put down any type of malt-based swill that is set in front of him, but even he couldn't drink more than a few sips of this stuff. The only reason I drank more than one gulp of it was that I had a hard time believing that the first sip was as bad as my body was insisting and needed confirmation.

CAMO SILVER F'N ICE. By far the worst although, blats was pretty crappy. I guess I can thank some friends with a really cheap taste in beer. Or is it malt liquor?

I acually like Hacker-Pschorr. It could have been poorly handled. I remember having a blue moon at my local pub and it was the most awkward tasting thing ever. Something had gone terrably wrong because I generally love blue moon.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to the U.P. by the way. I love going up there.

Those German beers are live like homebrew. Can easily have something go wrong. I had Hacker-Pschorr Weizenbock before that stuff is awesome.

Usually when you add a monkey to something, it makes it better.
Not so in this case.
http://victorybeer.com/beers/golden-monkey/
Golden Monkey tasted like a golden shower fueled by monkeys.
Simply the worst beer I have ever had.

A restaurant near me makes a damn fine Capuchin Monkey Burger, although I suspect they may use Rhesus meat at times to save a few bucks.

Mmmmmmm.....monkey

Labatt Wildcat Force 10 takes the cake for me. It came in those big 1.18L bottles. Aroma was pure corn and rocket fuel with hints of paint thinner. But it was absolutely scrumptious compared to the taste. I remember vividly the metallic twang that just wouldn't quit. It was like sucking on old rusty plumbing. And it had that sweet alcohol taste upfront... Yuck. Happily this abomination doesn't exist anymore, but you can still buy the Wildcat Strong.

Skunked/mishandled: I bought a Dead Guy 6 pack a year or so ago and it tasted like it had been fermented in a linebacker's jockstrap. Sweaty horseballs doesn't begin to describe how awful it was.

Newcastle, Avery White Rascal, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Victory Golden Monkey...

If these are the absolute WORST beers that have ever touched your palates, I'd LOVE to know what you guys typically drink. Basically what you are saying is that if someone hands you a Bud Ice and any one of those above, you'd pour them out and drink the Bud Ice.

Not the best? Sure. But absolute worst? Maybe your first beers were Westvleterens and you just never looked back.

Back