Good or bad price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if you realized this from you earlier post but the "used Pepsi keg" IS a corny keg. You can get similar kits from any of a number of internet dealers (i got mine from rebel brewer) for probably half the price of that. No idea on shipping to Canada though....

Kegs can be had cheaper, and they have perlicks about 20 higher than i paid...keep looking, and shipping might well come into play.

also, a used co2 is a better deal, unless you like the bling

The picture shows a new keg and the description says a used one. There is a big difference so don't be disappointed when you get your keg and its got a couple dents and looks like it could use a good scrub and polish. Right off the bat your also going to want more than 5 feet of liquid tubing. I had serious foam problems until I upgraded to 10 feet. And don't forget its gonna cost you another $20 to fill that CO2 tank up.

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Complete-Homebrew-Kegging-Kit.html
$100 less. Go ahead and get more liquid tubing though, trust me. You can always cut it if its too much.

ontariobeerkegs.com

Bought a four pack a few months ago, it's shipped CanadaPost, and you wont pay out the ass to Fedex or UPS for Brokerage.

Hey. Thanks for this. A mate if mine has a po box on the border but we'd probably get pulled and have to pay duty but still maybe OK. Yes I know Corny =pepsi, I meant long gone are the days I could pick one up for a few bucks. I'll check out Ontario kegs. 10'feet I hear you. So you'd just coil that up in the kegerator?

Hey. Thanks for this. A mate if mine has a po box on the border but we'd probably get pulled and have to pay duty but still maybe OK. Yes I know Corny =pepsi, I meant long gone are the days I could pick one up for a few bucks. I'll check out Ontario kegs. 10'feet I hear you. So you'd just coil that up in the kegerator?

mine coils between my kegs, to try and keep the lines cold. people with keezers have them coiled on top of the keg.

i've also seen people zip tie them into the coil to manage them easier...i'll have to try that soon!

BigRob said:
ontariobeerkegs.com

Bought a four pack a few months ago, it's shipped CanadaPost, and you wont pay out the ass to Fedex or UPS for Brokerage.

Thanks, this looks good. Can anyone tell me difference between 1/4 MFL Ball Lock and barbed ball lock? I get it that barbed have a kind of nipple and need a hose clip and I guess mfl are a screwthread type thing? So am I right that MFL likely more convenient but need a few more connectors? Or am I way off ?

mfl uses a barbed swivel connector, where you clamp the hose on one side, and it screws to the quick disconnect on the other. easier to swap out lines, do closed keg transfers, and replace quick disconnects, but a few more parts

i have all mfl..got them if i do decide down the line to do keg to keg transfers, etc

MFL is also nice if you need to swap out between different keg types. Say you end up with some Sankeys, Pin Locks, and Ball Locks - you will be able to easily swap between the three when they all have MFL connections. You would have to cut a barbed connection most likely.

Ok I think I see
So I need from tank to tap:
co2 bottle
Reg
Gas line
Mfl ball in
Keg
Mfl ball liquid out
10' beer line
Tap?
Do taps need a mount too?

Thanks this is making me more fired up to get this done.

if you're getting the picnic taps (black plastic), don't need any mounts or anything. if you're getting chrome/stainless/brass taps, you'll need to mount them onto a shank if it doesn't come with one (perlicks are just the faucet part)

you also need the swivel connectors i was talking about, that connect the hose to the mfl in/out

Back