any problem with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hound_Dog

Reaction score
I have a few bottles that I filled a week ago and was wondering if it would be a problem to use oxy clean to remove annoying scraps of labels now? I couldn't think of any reason why it would be a problem, but I figured that someone here might.

oxyclean really should be in hot water to work the best. You're gonna heat up the beer (and the yeasties) in the bottle if you submerge them. It depends on how hot your tap water is, but I'd bet a soak at 100+ would knock out the yeast.

But you could just wipe on and scrub with a scotchbrite.

B

If there are any bits of labels left on the bottles I will use a SOS pad and it somes right off, but I soak all the bottles in oxy clean over night and in the morning all labels are off(most anyway).

I've never had a problem using ocyclean with cold water. In fact on the lid of the smaller containers they brag how well it works with washing machines at any temp. Having said this.... hot water is a must for easily removing the glue and gunk that some brews have on their bottles.... Just scrub'em with cold water and a scotch pad.....

Back