I declare shenanigans on Ed Wort!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
So after 7 weeks of waiting (4 in carboy, 3 in bottle) I am drinking my inaugural bottle of Apfelwein.

I did it 5 G of Apple Juice, 2.5 of corn sugar. OG of 1.07 (something like that) FG of .096.

Here's the problem. It tastes just like apple soda! Delicious but there is no alcohol in this at all. I am going to give it to my kids for their lunchboxes.

Have fun at school kids.

Have at least 2 more.
Get another batch going....
Let some age out a bit longer tahn 7 weeks....7 months....you're good to go.

Oh...And take some asprin.....The shenanigans are on you my friend.

Have at least 2 more.
Get another batch going....
Let some age out a bit longer tahn 7 weeks....7 months....you're good to go.

Oh...And take some asprin.....The shenanigans are on you my friend.

I have a cider/mead carboy. Right now it is occupied by blueberry cider. The same as noted above but replace 2 gallons of Apple Juice with 10 quarts of pure blueberry juice (Trader Joes) and 2 quarts Blueberry Puree from Oregon Farms (?). Better be delicious because it sure was expensive.

I'm taking a case of 22 oz'ers to a New Year's Party. I worry that people will have my reaction for real.

So after 7 weeks of waiting (4 in carboy, 3 in bottle) I am drinking my inaugural bottle of Apfelwein.

I did it 5 G of Apple Juice, 2.5 of corn sugar. OG of 1.07 (something like that) FG of .096.

Here's the problem. It tastes just like apple soda! Delicious but there is no alcohol in this at all. I am going to give it to my kids for their lunchboxes.

Have fun at school kids.

Dontman, what kind of yeast did you use? There is none listed above and without it... apple soda. With it... mmm mmm good!!

Chug it chug it chug it chug it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have at least 3 more pints and post back to us....:D

(No, I respect Dontman's brewing skills I KNOW he pitched yeast on it)

I just don't think it's taken hold yet....

Anyone wanna place bets on how many glasses til he starts talking about couches on porches and ****?

This thread could be fun!!!

:mug:

I say he talks $hit until about the third glass. Then we probably won't here from him for a week.

dontman will end up in Vietnam growing rice with no clue how he got there.

Yeah, send that to school with your kids! hahaha
Better have a couple more before you go packing lunchboxes. :D

I say he talks $hit until about the third glass. Then we probably won't here from him for a week.

+1 on this.....

I just hope we get a good druken rant out of it...we really haven't had a classic druken rant in awhile on this place. I'm not talking so-so rant, I'm talking "#@^%$# Code Monkeys" Zuiljin-esque rant....

The kind where cops are involvesd...maybe even the swat team.

I change my vote til glass 4.....
:D

+1 on this.....

I just hope we get a good druken rant out of it...we really haven't had a classic druken rant in awhile on this place. I'm not talking so-so rant, I'm talking "#@^%$# Code Monkeys" Zuiljin-esque rant....

The kind where cops are involvesd...maybe even the swat team.

I change my vote til glass 4.....
:D

I was reading the threads on Code Monkeys and wicker couch problems...I was really amused...actually, I couldn't get off the floor.

Let us know how the whole kids lunch with "unsuspecting apple soda" thing goes...

Anyone noticed that his last post was nearly 2 hours ago???

drunk-santa.jpg

As long as he follows the general rules of Apfelwein, he'll be fine when he wakes up in the rice paddies. :D

Could Shecky get in on this?

I don't think Evan! can get rid of Billy.

Funny, I was thinking Evan! as well....He's used others...

THose three have huge senses of humor, Evan, Bk & Laughing Gnome, so who would be the most unlikely to do it...Who's the most serious brewer on here? Or who hasn't changed there's ever...

OlllO ?

the gnome is LG's trademark...he cannot part with it. The santa just has big belly Kahuna written all over it. Honestly, dontman should get in on this seems how it is his thread and stop being cheap like me and get a premium membership so he can post an image.

right wing ;) they tend to get flustered

evan! has some good rants, but not quite so pissed off.

also reference: those who are pissed off and set in their ways

Huh?!? Wha?!? WTH? How did I end up in a picture in a Santa suit on Revvy's computer.

And how did I end up in the Philippines? :drunk:

And speaking of the Philli-, Fili-, uh pHillippines, when I ordered my SWMBO, they said she would be SWWOM, now she's off taking trips and buying jewlrey and ordering stuf from AMazon and ebay. Plus she quit one of her jobs! Now I can only brew like once twice per week.

And what's wioth all of these stupid commercials on TV. Santa this and x'mas thatt and it's not like everyone's happy about it.

Then when I get home theres water leaking everywhere and my mash is too cool SWISTOM is just sitting there ardering stuff on amabay. Is this beer supposed to just make itself?!!!

I hate that.

And what is with this wimpy a$$ appflewine anyways??? All that sugar and no alcohol. WTH?\

hic

And speaking of the Philli-, Fili-, uh pHillippines, when I ordered my SWMBO, they said she would be SWWOM, now she's off taking trips and buying jewlrey and ordering stuf from AMazon and ebay. Plus she quit one of her jobs! Now I can only brew like once twice per week.

And what's wioth all of these stupid commercials on TV. Santa this and x'mas thatt and it's not like everyone's happy about it.

Then when I get home theres water leaking everywhere and my mash is too cool SWISTOM is just sitting there ardering stuff on amabay. Is this beer supposed to just make itself?!!!

I hate that.

And what is with this wimpy a$$ appflewine anyways??? All that sugar and no alcohol. WTH?\

hic

He's getting closer......let the rants begin!!! :D

Back