System is Force Carbing...I think!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igorstien

Reaction score
So yesterday I got my keg system all setup. :D I can only put on soda keg in the bar fridge right now....little steps people...little steps.

So I want a 2.6-2.8 volumes......So I get the temperature of the Fridge which is 40 F...and I get the chart, and find I need to set the regulator to 13psi...PERFECT.

Last night I put everything...CO2, regulator, Keg....Everything in the Fridge..and set the PSI to 13.....Yes I opened the main valve.

This morning I came down to check everything and the Keg gauge is reading 2psi. ....HMMMMM???? Anyway I turn the gauge back up to 13, and heard the gas feeding into the keg....I will keep and eye on it.

I have a 5lbs tank and doulbe gauge regulator, 1/4 inch tube from the CO2 to the keg and 7 feet of 3/16 inch line to the tap...I tested the tap and it flows nicely!!

Any thoughts?? I figured it may have something to do with the cold etc......

Regulators are a little temperature sensitive. Also since the tank pressure changes from room temp. to the fridge, inlet pressure impacts the regulation as well. Sounds like you're almost there.

Thanks David,

I just checked, and everything appears to be ok, so I believe you were right about the temp. change.

I'll keep updating as things proceed.

IGOR

Well I checked it again tonight, and the pressure is holding steady so I'm pretty satisfied with the result so far. I'm going to let it sit until Wednesday....only because I'll be away until then.

I'll post a pick when I get a chance.....I don't know how on the forum yet but I'll figure it out. The system isn't much, but I think it's awsome.

IGOR

Well I love the Kegging thing! :ban:

I've had more people asking question about it and coming over to see it and test the brew..........Everyone is just amazed that a person could have that in there house.

I can't wait to get another batch on, so I can have a couple of different flavours going!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the help, even with the stupid questions.

I have been so Impressed as well that I finally bought the membership for the forum, but apparently PayPal is waiting until April 4th to release the money. :mad: ....???????

IGOR

Back