Starting my keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmj

Reaction score
Just got a killer deal on a 8.8 Kenmore for $150.00. Brand new in the box. The hood is dented in like hell but the seal stays together when closed.

I just got a Johnson Controls digital thermostat controller and am curious on where to punch a small hole for the temp probe? Should I go in through the hood? The back wall doesn't seem like a good place and I'm leery of the side walls.

I plan to go all out with a wood coffin but want to at least get some kegs inside for now.

Thanks!

build a collar and put the temp controller through that. I did mine where I didn't put any holes in the freezer at all so it could be converted back if needed. If it were me, i would just put the probe between the lid and freezer until you have time to build the collar. FYI, when you build a collar, the higher your collar, the more you can fit in it! I use mine to store beer, wine, juice etc., so it is nice to be able to stack those things up on the compressor shelf.

Back