new brew rig in the making

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emit31

Reaction score
hey everyone - i am in the process of building a brew rig, and would appreciate any feedback during the build. Trying not to spend thousands on this thing, keeping most things DIY. I will update as i progress, thanks in advance!

so I just welded up this new frame, my plan is to have two burners up top for the boil kettle and HLT ( both keggles), and a 70 quart coleman extreme for the MLT below. One march 809 pump below all that, some wheels and eventually pilot lights and elcectric gas valves.

0825112009.jpg

gotta say a big thank you to bargainfittings.com. I placed this order last week, and the thing was shipped out first thing in the morning. Cant say much for the great USPS, the package looked like Ace Ventura delivered it.

0826111657_0001.jpg

emit31 said:
Cant say much for the great USPS, the package looked like Ace Ventura delivered it.

HDS comin through. We've got a package people!

Good luck with the rig though, looking forward to seeing it progress. I need to start a project like this sometime.

so the boss has had me working crazy overtime for the past two months. Needless to say, I have not put much time into the new rig. Anyways, here is a new pic. I am going to install the wood slats along the entire bottom also, to hold the two march pumps and propane tanks. The middle shelf will hold the 70Q coleman MLT.

1027111703.jpg

well, the rig is finally finished (95%), first two batches went without a single problem.

2012-01-01_18-13-43_74.jpg

2012-01-05_17-39-21_166.jpg

Is it o.k. to cook in the garage like that with the door opened? Just curious. BTW, looks sweet. :rockin:

Is it o.k. to cook in the garage like that with the door opened? Just curious. BTW, looks sweet. :rockin:

There's a lot of debate on how much airflow is truly necessary.
From what I've taken away from the conversation is this: if possible, roll it outside. Otherwise be ready with co2 detectors.

i have brewed like this 20 plus times, no problem at all. If you are using propane, you always want to have an open door or window to flow some fresh air.

I'm digging the sparge manifold in your cooler, I gotta figure a way to gravity feed one....
Nice looking rig.

Thank you, I gravity feed my sparge manifold, only use the pump for the mash manifold up to the boil kettle and the whirlpool. The mash tun only sits about 6 inches below the HLT, plenty of gravity.

Latest posts

Back