First time using a blowoff tube.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul23

Reaction score
Ya so I brewed a batch last night and after about 18 hrs after pitching my yeast starter, the krausen was up to the airlock. I sanitized my blowoff tube and stuck it in. I love seeing krausen but I want it to stay in my beer!!

ForumRunner_20130116_213406.png

ForumRunner_20130116_213417.jpg

looks awesome. So you are using a 5 gal carboy as a primary?

I have been debating if I can/should do that. I dont want to lose much in the blow off.

Its a dogfish head 90min clone :) The krausen is half way up the blowoff tube now. Never had to use one before.

good all grain recipe for that 90min? if so, I would love it if shared. did you do the constant hop addition?

Not sure of the tube size, came in a beginner brewing package I got. I can measure if you really would like to know. It fits in the carboy real tight which is good.

This was a partial mash recipe, I got it from my LHBS and ya 90min boil and hop additions every 7 and a half min. And it requires a dry hop too.

I can measure the inside neck of a carboy. I was just curious as to if you bought a particular style and/or size. Ive had a few bucket fermentation's where I had to pull the airlock and let it flow out. I've since went to a 6.5 carboy for primarys with an air lock, but nothing has reached top, yet..

Back