Popped my Cherry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarBac

Reaction score
Did my first all grain yesterday. It was a pretty successful brew day. Took 5 hours from heating the strike water to cleaning up. I did an incredibly easy pale ale. I really was more interested in the process than producing an excellent beer but hopefully I'll get both. Been brewing extracts and partial mashes for several years now. Heres the recipe and a few pics.

9 lb. Pale 2 Row
.5 Crystal 60L
.25 Carapils
1 oz. Perle (60 minutes)
.5 oz. Palisade (15 minutes)
.5 oz. Palisade (0 minutes)
Mashed at 150 (shooting for 152)
Batch Sparge at 168

image-2702678065.jpg

image-4183848040.jpg

image-2808624808.jpg

image-2514597222.jpg

image-3950566980.jpg

image-2048827541.jpg

image-1109686198.jpg

Dude your microbrewery is super organized! The star san spray bottle is key! What's the hydrometer reading in that photo? Looks like 1.05ish

congratz on popping the cherry welcome to the sickness

The only thing wrong that I can see is that propane tank indoors. Propane should never be brought indoors as they can leak and set you up for an explosion. Propane is heavier than air and wants to pool at the floor when any spark can set it off. If you open a door, it will leak outside and be safer. Better yet is to leave the tank outside and run the hose inside.

cornelius said:
Dude your microbrewery is super organized! The star san spray bottle is key! What's the hydrometer reading in that photo? Looks like 1.05ish

congratz on popping the cherry welcome to the sickness

Yes 1.050. Really good efficiency for the first go around.

RM-MN said:
The only thing wrong that I can see is that propane tank indoors. Propane should never be brought indoors as they can leak and set you up for an explosion. Propane is heavier than air and wants to pool at the floor when any spark can set it off. If you open a door, it will leak outside and be safer. Better yet is to leave the tank outside and run the hose inside.

Yeah didn't fire it there. It was right outside the 3rd car garage when lit.

Latest posts

Back