Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I took the keezer and gave it a facelift. I still need to get a drip tray and do a couple other things, but overall I am happy. I will be upgrading to perlick's down the road, but this should get me by for now. I guess it's time to fire up the lathe and turn some handles. I plan to put a chalkboard on the front, or a dry erase board to show what's on tap. Cheers!

Before and after:

IMAG0984.jpg

IMAG0993.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

IMAG1008.jpg

Hey guys....I posted some pictures of my keezer on here a while back, but I have made some final changes and it is now 100% complete. Here are my final pictures of my keezer. I added a 4th Perlick 525ss faucet and build 4 custom cedar branch tap handles. I also re-insulated the entire coffin, so it is now at optimal efficiency. I'm putting this project to rest and moving onto several other brewing related projects, including a basement brewing room, an all electric brewing system, 2 fermentation chambers (one for ales & one for lagers) and whatever else comes up that will make my brewing adventures more efficient and more consistent. Thanks for all of the feedback along the way! :mug:

That's fantastic! It's eerily similar to what I have been planning. We live in a log house with tons of knotty pine and juniper and we want to do something similar to your build. Great job.

ozzy1038 said:
Well I took the keezer and gave it a facelift. I still need to get a drip tray and do a couple other things, but overall I am happy. I will be upgrading to perlick's down the road, but this should get me by for now. I guess it's time to fire up the lathe and turn some handles. I plan to put a chalkboard on the front, or a dry erase board to show what's on tap. Cheers!

Before and after:

They sell chalkboard paint which would work nicely. I bought some magnetic chalkboard paint for mine just need to find time to paint it. Keezer looks good!

They sell chalkboard paint which would work nicely. I bought some magnetic chalkboard paint for mine just need to find time to paint it. Keezer looks good!

I thought about that, but with the hammered texture paint I used it wouldn't work.

I finished my 6 tap kegerator about a month back but just now getting around to posting pictures. I was able to keep the door shelving and two of the main shelves for extra bottle storage. The hardware is all stainless and I'm using the Perlick 525SS faucets. It has a 2 way and 4 way manifold so I can carb at different levels if I want. The freezer at the bottom is being used for bulk hops and overflow from our other freezer. Just have to fill the pipeline now...

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

photo-4.JPG

photo-3.JPG

photo-2.JPG

photo-1.JPG
Love it!:rockin:

Dr1nkBeer said:
Nice job... I like the tile work and couldnt overlook the base.. i like it.:mug:

Question though... how did you attach the drip tray... ?

Thanks, I had a great time building it.

I tried magnets, but had a combination of problems ... first, my assembly had gotten too heavy by the time I finished adding stuff <grimace> ... and then the magnets that I bought on eBay were not all the same thickness, so I only ended up with 4, which wasn't enough to hold it and it kept sliding down the front <heavy sigh>.

So I ended up using mounting tape ;-)

I was going to recess some magnets into the back os some decorative shelving or Mantle wood then sit the tray into the top.. with some trim... to make it look recessed into the top...

I also thougth about recessing some metal and grinding down the fridge to expose some metal and using some JB weld... then i can sit the drip tray into that mantle...

good to know the magnets didnt do it.

Here's my custom kegerator built from the stripped-out guts from a mini-fridge re-installed into an insulated armoire that I had in my house. Removal of some drawers, building of new drawers and door, insulation of the main chamber, building a coffin box, and new finish all over and VOILA!

1000001694.jpg

1000001692.jpg

If you're interested at all, here's the link to my complete build thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-finally-finished-keezer-267412/

It still needs 3 more perlicks, which I am ordering tonight and it has to be connected to the fridge downstairs which will happen tonight or tomorrow. Its a cheap cabinet with a 6 tap glycol chilled tower on top, I made the trunk line for the taps and ran it through a hole in a cabinet with the help of my 11 year old son.
aUw7O.jpg

runningweird said:
It still needs 3 more perlicks, which I am ordering tonight and it has to be connected to the fridge downstairs which will happen tonight or tomorrow. Its a cheap cabinet with a 6 tap glycol chilled tower on top, I made the trunk line for the taps and ran it through a hole in a cabinet with the help of my 11 year old son.

Looking good

Random curiosity, what did you have in the KBC growler?

It hasn't been refilled since I graduated 2 years ago, but it has had Widowmaker, lift bridge, and red jacket in it at one point or another. I had a growler from the Library as well but a friend dropped it on the cement getting it out of the car.

Before and after:

Looking good, Oz!

Very nice. Didn't know it was possibly to fit that many kegs in an upright.

Thanks,I was originally hoping to get a fridge that would hold four, but had my cut up pieces of cardboard and found that five would fit in this. I was also thinking that I would have to take the door shelving off. When I got it home and put the five kegs in it I was surprised that I could still close the door with no problem. Now i've got to fill it, so i'm starting today with a brown ale and maybe another batch we'll see. BTW, its a 15cf hotpoint.

Back