No pressure at taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
I just tapped the first keg in about 3 mos tonight and have no pressure at all. I had my main tank turned off so there was no leak. The regulator seems to be working since I took it off and reset it and when I opened the tank both gauges went back to their right numbers. Inside the fridge I split the line with simple 2 line splitter. I have tried both in lines, replaced the IN poppet valve on the keg. The only thing I can figure is that something is keeping the CO2 from exiting the regulator even though the gauges work. There is a small inline shut off just after the reg but that is open also. Any suggestions???

Thanks
Dave

I had the anti backflow valve thing stick closed on one of my regulators, zero gas was going to keg, I replaced it and everything worked perfectly after that.

Could you have a ball-check valve installed in the wrong direction for flow?

nothing else in line other than the splitter between the reg and the kegs. I hooked up my party charger and have pressure on the keg but I need to take the reg off and look at it tomorrow. no time tonight.

I would also suspect regulator.

Take regulator off. Open tank a little and see if co2 comes out. Then put regulator back on and take the hose off that goes from the regulator to your splitter. See if co2 comes out of the regulator.

-Nick

Back