High post count does not equal brewing knowledge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, I really hope that it's not a supporter vs. non-paying supporter issue. I like to think that everyone has a voice, not matter what their so-called status is. We've had many non-supporters contribute greatly, and I don't think we've ever differentiated between them. There ARE some advantages to becoming a supporter, but earning the right to post isn't one of them.

Maybe we supporters post more because we feel we have more of a stake in the tone of the forum? I don't know- that's just a guess. But I'm really bothered by someone feeling that they want to stay out of too much involvement just because of the membership status.

Cool, I will continue to visit and maybe one day I can return something useful
Jim

Gee, I really hope that it's not a supporter vs. non-paying supporter issue. I like to think that everyone has a voice, not matter what their so-called status is. We've had many non-supporters contribute greatly, and I don't think we've ever differentiated between them. There ARE some advantages to becoming a supporter, but earning the right to post isn't one of them.

Maybe we supporters post more because we feel we have more of a stake in the tone of the forum? I don't know- that's just a guess. But I'm really bothered by someone feeling that they want to stay out of too much involvement just because of the membership status.

Never bothered me any, as you can tell from a recent thread.
While not a paying member, I still feel I have a stake in this forum as a nice friendly place to hang out, learn some wisdom and hopefully impart some regarding the obsession we lovingly call brewing.

(ducks) time to delete the post count on the forum

See, now I always figured it was the reverse with me - every time I post, my knowledge goes DOWN! :drunk: I'm just gettin' dumberer and dumberer! Me needs to go reedz some moar an git smartened up agin. :D:D:D

I see posts here every week that make me smarter -- I guess fight club will do that to you though.

The first rule of Fight Club is...;)

(and I do too!!)
Damn. Sorry. See what Gnome and friends did to me. I was so flustered by their aspersions that I lost all my senses. :(

I need to go away for awhile. My growing post count has made me depressed. So long.

If you speak of me, speak well. Lord knows the Gnome never did.:D

I think we would all like to know.

Ok...so how many of you post that many times a day....you know I pissed him off somehow...I gotta check...he's only got 34 posts...I can track it down.

Don't take this as gospel, as I only brew beer but:

Stabilizing is used to inhibit bacteria and mold growth. I personally would not count our wine out however. There is a chance that nothing is wrong so I would progress as normal (maybe sneak a taster to verify) and carry on. What's the wost that can happen?

AND HIS INFO SUCKS!!! Who can point out what is wrong with this post? Maybe not dead wrong...but certainly NOT 100% accurate! Guess he should not throw rocks in his glass house!

I am glad that I have so many posts... my beer gets better with each post!

I personally like the guys who feel the need to post in every thread. I can think of 2 or 3 who I see in every freakin thread I read, but contribute little of value. Sometimes I feel dumber after reading those people's posts, so I learn who to skip over. Avatar association works for me, note to the smart people (and the dummies): stop changing avatars, it helps us n00bs make snap decisions whether to read two paragraphs of your mental droppings :)

Has someone been going around pissing in peoples Wheaties lately, or what?
Seems to be a few post lately that are ranting about things that just don't make any sense to me at all...

but the, I have not even reached 1K yet on my postings, so what do I know...

I think he wants everyone to preface any and all advice or responses with "I'm not an expert so don't take this as gospel, but IMHO..." and any other self defaming disclaimer you can think of. The fact is, the only reason some heavy users like me skip that nonsense sometimes is because most people already know I'm full of **** and don't need the warning.

I think he wants everyone to preface any and all advice or responses with "I'm not an expert so don't take this as gospel, but IMHO..." and any other self defaming disclaimer you can think of. The fact is, the only reason some heavy users like me skip that nonsense sometimes is because most people already know I'm full of **** and don't need the warning.

What if it is gospel...and I've ****ed it up 10,000 times and I know for sure what the right answer is? Should I still post like I don't know?

OH WELL!
I know I'm irritating, and I also know damn good and well that I've helped some people out of some pretty tight jams....
I also know I don't actually get told to STFU very often, but when I do, I try and reel it in a bit.

I personally like the guys who feel the need to post in every thread. I can think of 2 or 3 who I see in every freakin thread I read, but contribute little of value.

I have no life, and I have no friends. You guys are all I've got...and I like to talk. So...Thanks for putting up with me!

the rest of you can suck my Sparge arm!

i think i am just going to go stare at pictures of carls new fermenter..
i know i am an expert on that

That's just the gateway to werider things, we know what come next...Dry Humping Carboys....:D

Pretty soon, you'll end up like groovepuppy...with a glassy eyed grin.

motivator2903225.jpg

Did anyone noticed that the OP just "hit and git" with his post...

Can anyone say "Troll Post?"

I have no life, and I have no friends. You guys are all I've got...and I like to talk. So...Thanks for putting up with me!

the rest of you can suck my Sparge arm!

HA! It werent you i had in mind when i wrote that. Do me a favor and dont change your avatar anyway so I can steer clear in the debate threads :D

Maybe the OP got "post count" envy after seeing Melena's post the other day and felt.... undersized....

:D

What did i do now?????

I'm the first to admit that there are many many more accomplished brewers out there and I read more than i post. I am greatful for people like EdWort, Yooper, the_bird, bigkahuna, paulthenurse and many others for helping me become a better brewer. Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me enhance my brewing skills.
There i go, post whoring again... :)

What did i do now?????

I'm the first to admit that there are many many more accomplished brewers out there and I read more than i post. I am greatful for people like EdWort, Yooper, the_bird, bigkahuna, paulthenurse and many others for helping me become a better brewer. Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me enhance my brewing skills.
There i go, post whoring again... :)

Don't put me in that group, I could very easily be the person the OP is referring to!

hey everyone, what's going on in here? Looked like the place to be so I thought I would check it out since it has been going on for so long. I love a party! Where's the keg?

:drunk:

As a noob, I noticed I was posting a bit, yet not brewing much, and I suspected others were falling into the same trap!

I remarked on it, and proposed establishing a brews-to-posts ratio, but the idea did not catch on...

Using this ratio as self-help, it forced me to let go of the forum an get to business...!

To Quote Mr. Popeye! "I am what I am!"

And Just what exactly do you call a post where you get a count....just for pointing this out? :rolleyes"

The only thing I can say I would NEVER post just to get my post count up.

Just to be clear on this I should have added :D to the original post

Back