Favorite beer to drinking during economic collapse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know how old you are and thus how soon you're trying to cash out, but i see the current stock prices as a good thing. i'm loading up on stocks at discount prices like a crazy man.

that's only assuming the motto that: "long term the stock market has always gone up." We may be seeing some new territory in this country.

But, why panic? If it rebounds great; if not, my pieces of paper (stocks are worthless anyway).

Time to stock up on brass :D if you know what I mean

I am pretty well stocked up for a bit. Good amount of grain. Gotta start growing my own grain...but that might be too late for this wave of the crisis. :D

No worries here. I know who has the grain and hops stockpiles on this forum, and pretty much where you live, so I'll be doing some raiding once the econopocalypse hits.

I still find a way to buy some good beer. Although i did buy a eighteener of Coors light the other night.............And by beer I mean beer not guns or ammo

Haha, econopocolypse! Gold...

I'm with tdavisii, I'm still buying higher end stuff, HOWEVER.... Coors Light would be the beer of choice out of the low end beer.

In the true spirit of soul-crushing sadness, I'd have to say "malt liqour".

Steel reserve maybe? It's actually not too bad as long as it's ice cold.

In the true spirit of soul-crushing sadness, I'd have to say "malt liqour".

Steel reserve maybe? It's actually not too bad as long as it's ice cold.

Regarless of the temperature, I can't seem to put that stuff down. I like Crazy Stallion though, or maybe a good old fashion, Olde English!

Gross....

Favorite beer? MINE. :D

Interesting article a I read a few weeks ago in the paper, said that despite the economy being in the toilet right now, beer sales haven't changed much and people have not compromised their taste for cheaper beer.

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer.

:D

Bad economy's a reason to drink, if there ever was one.

As much as we harp on hooch around here we might all be sharing hooch recipes in the not so distant future ;)

Say what you want about hurricanes, but they have kept Louisiana's economy on the up and up for the past several years with no sign of going down anytime soon.

I agree with Orfy.

As an aside. I tend to think of it like this. Did anyone ever think we'd have a "Hop Shortage" and see the prices skyrocket? Make sure you all buy some extra grain to have around. Worse case (as long as you store it properly), you'll make out because the prices of grain seem to be continually going up as well. Best case, if we do have shortages (for whatever reason) at least you can be brew! :D

Well, apple juice is still pretty cheap, and not likely to run out or become too scarce. That, dextrose and montrachet are pretty affordable. I stick to homemade apfelwein.

And I'm a .308, 45 acp, and 12 ga magnum kinda guy. And i'm stocked up already.

Once a month I buy enough to last me the month of:

Food Staples.
Pet food
Beer Supplies
(I also make sure I have fuel money to get to work)

Anything else can whistle. I don't need anything else.

Latest posts

Back