Cold Plate Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesKY

Reaction score
I have a friend who abandoned his jockey box at my house after he decided to move to Oregon. I decided to refurbish it and replace all of the old nasty tubing and fittings.

It came with a double circuit cold plate so there are four holes in it. (Two IN and two OUT) There was only one barb fitting inside and I'm having trouble finding extras.

I've gone to Home Depot, Lowes, and even a plumbing supply store but haven't had any luck. I did a quick search on the net and found several places selling "cold plate fittings" but I'm not sure if they will work with mine or not.

My question is are these fittings pretty much universal and can I feel confident that the ones I order online will match my cold plate? If not, is there a way that I can find out what size I need to order?

The fittings on this page look pretty close to what I would need.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/draft-boxes.html

FYI, in case anyone is interested, I went ahead and ordered the fittings on the link posted and they did match my cold plate. I don't know if these things are standard or not but luckily they worked in my case.

Back