Philadelphia - Group Buy Sixtel Sanke Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Junior

Reaction score
I found a website that will sell sixtels for around 85 plus shipping. Would people be interested? We would need to order 15+

I think I saw these somewhere too. The website warned that you had to have special equipment to properly clean them and that they were not "suggested" for homebrewers. Do you know of a good way to clean them?

Its the "clean" part im not clear on. How do you clean it. Is the opening big enough to get a water hose in there? Do you simply use oxyclean? Thanks

Same method one would use for a carboy or better bottle, soak with PBW or oxiclean, carboy brush, Some folks put a gallon of water in and boil on a burner to steam sanitize but that's a little over the top IMHO

Right, but if we combine our order, we will all save on shipping. The kegs I am currently looking at are poly wrapped stainless. I have requested a quote for 15, I will keep everyone posted!

I called beveragefactory.com and if I bought 5 sixtels I could get them for about 90 shipped (450 total). They offer volume discounts so give them a call.

Back