Keg Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooper

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Do you guys leave your line from the CO2 tank to the keg hooked up? Do you leave it hooked up with the gas on constantly or do you pressure up the keg at server pressure and then disconnect the line and turn off the tank?

I've been doing the pressure up the keg 12 psi and removing the lines after I purge out the Oxygen. Just curious on what other people do. I've had a problem with the keg going flat at times but I think I just had a poppett that wasn't seated in all the way.

I always leave mine connected. I have 5 kegs on the gas, one lagering, and three hooked up to faucets. It would be an enormous pain to have to turn them off and on and disconnect all the time!

Awesome! Thanks. The only issue I could see is if you actually do have a leak and then you've lost all your gas. :( Do you soap test it for leaks or what works best for you to check for leaks?

I put starsan in a spray bottle and use that to spray connections and seals for leaks. Works great

Latest posts

Back