Orange Blossom pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clintdowns

Reaction score
This weekend I am going to be brewing my first Orangeblossom pale ale. I am not sure how I picked this but just looking through Austin homebrew book and seen it and it look good. I guess only time will tell. I was thinking they would have orange peelings or something for tasting but it has about a 3 ounce bottle of liquid. I have never brewed beer that had 7 pounds of extract so I guess it could be kind of potent. Does anyone have any suggestions for this brew

If you're supposed to add the orange blossom extract (which I assume is what is in the 3oz bottle) at bottling time, you may want to add it about 1 oz at a time, gently stir in, taste and add more until you like what you have. I've read about several people adding supplied flavoring extracts from kits and they tend to be overpowering when adding the whole amount.

We make test batches and add the appropriate amount in the kits. This is not your usual flavoring. This is not concentrated. It is diluted. Add the whole thing and let it age and let us know what you think. I personally decided on the amount and tasted the final results myself.

Forrest

We make test batches and add the appropriate amount in the kits. This is not your usual flavoring. This is not concentrated. It is diluted. Add the whole thing and let it age and let us know what you think. I personally decided on the amount and tasted the final results myself.

Forrest

Boom! Answered! Aren't the internets great!

Still though, everyones tastes are different. It wouldn't kill to add half to see if you like it and then add more after.

Back