Want Surly, Summit, and some stouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtent

Reaction score
Looking to trade for some Surly, Summit Northern Porter? I think that is what it was called, also open to some stouts.

Have Pliny the Elder and can get any of the following
Dogfish/Stone/Rogue/Russian River

Also can get a bottle or two of Alpine Brewery (captain stout, willy, etc...)

Was just in Minneapolis and only got to try Summit Nothern Porter
Would like to try any Surly I can get and up for any good stouts from that way.

I could work on a trade with you. The standard offerings from Surly are all in cans - so they're easy to ship. The specialty stuff is pretty hard to track down. I've got some Syx and some Darkness in the basement - but it would have to be a tasty trade.

How about this - I'll pick up some Surly cans, and I'll just ask that you send me an equal value in stuff I can't get here. Surly is brewing Wet right now - that'll be available soon. The standard offerings are Bender, Coffee Bender, Cynic and Furious. There might be a few Bitter Brewers left in some stores - I haven't looked in a while.

I will look for Great Nothern Porter, but there are much more exciting beers coming out of Minnesota these days. :)

Sounds good to me, I would be up for any of the Surly cans mentioned, the Great Northern Porter was good but always up to try something else.
Let me know if there are any specific west coast brews you would like to try.

What styles are your favorites? I'll most likely just pick up some super local micro brews.

I'll let you send me your favorites. I like most styles, I'm not a huge fan of belgians and sours.

Might want to throw in a Summit Saga for him. One of the first local Mn IPA's that stands up to some of awesome CA hoppy beers. Surly of course has numerous great offerings (Darkness, mmm). Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald is my favorite porter, although it is neither local nor a small brewery.

The number of craft breweries in MN is in rapid expansion right now. I'd say triple the number of Mn breweries from just 3 years ago. So many I have yet to try.

Yeah, Saga will be included - it's a really excellent beer. The best part about the craft explosion in MN is that it's forcing the old guys (ha, 25 year old Summit is an old guy :) ) to really step up their games.

Bryce,
I would have to say I am a fan of just about all but if I had to put some in order it would go Stouts, Porters, IPAs, Sours

I am pretty open on amount, it would kind of depend on if they are regular brews, seasonals or barrel aged.
I will send you a PM with my email address and we can come up with a number

Back