Do you have Advent Calendars in the US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Advent_Cal..jpg

Or, if you're like me, you forget it for a few (like 6) days at a time.. then spend the next 6 days recovering from your one night of "catch-up".

Now that's what I call an adventure

Awesome idea. I brought several cases of German beer back with me back in 95 so I have a few racks for such a project. Ausgescheischnet!

david_42 said:
SWEET!

But, just one a day??

To solve the problem of just one, there could be pipes coming out the back of the box at an angle for each day filled with more bottles (6 should do). Drainpipes might be around the right size - time for a trip to the hardware store. (maybe that would be a good storage system - 12 bottles per pipe. easy to carry to parties... just sling it over the shoulder, stick on end in the eski leaning against the wall and as you drink the beer just put the empties back in the top ready to be carried home. :drunk:

Nice Orfy!

It's no fair my kids get a calendar they look forward to. Finally, one for the adults!

You know, that would really be a great marketing tool for a commercial brewery to use to promote their product. It would be easy to do, as it would only require a simple change to the top of the box.:mug:

EdWort said:
Awesome idea. I brought several cases of German beer back with me back in 95 so I have a few racks for such a project. Ausgescheischnet!
That is a great idea!!

Ed: You meant to say "ausgezeichnet", right? Excellent!!

You mean racks like these? : I have 15 1/2 pictured here, of which 5 1/2 cases are conditioning (to be lagered) and another 3 1/2 cases in the garage lagering...:D :D :D

PC040661-00.jpg

PC040662-00.jpg

homebrewer_99 said:
That is a great idea!!

Ed: You meant to say "ausgezeichnet", right? Excellent!!

You mean racks like these? : I have 15 1/2 pictured here, of which 5 1/2 cases are conditioning (to be lagered) and another 3 1/2 cases in the garage lagering...:D :D :D

Holy Mother of God!! IS that your storage room? That's pretty impressive!!

Yes, it is, but you're only seeing a part of it. I also have 2 cabinets with glasses up the wazoo.

I also have 2 stainless steel medical cabinets where I store all the equipment: hoses, canes, syphons, washers, caps, etc.

The large boxes are 55# malt (they are on a dolly for easy moving) and the boxes have bottles in them. Behind the malt and underneath the shelves there are also about a dozen cases of mead and conditioning brews.:D

(RE-EDITED with smaller pictures).

PC040671-00.jpg

PC040672-00.jpg

PC040673-00.jpg

PC040676-00.jpg

PC040675-00.jpg

SUPERB idea Orfy. :rockin:

And I think you need to adopt a 40 year old son Bill.

Oh please, let me volunteer. :D

Ize

Ize said:
SUPERB idea Orfy. :rockin: And I think you need to adopt a 40 year old son Bill. Oh please, let me volunteer. :D Ize
How about I just leave some of that stuff in my Will for ya?;)

I've got wayyyyy too many toys...nah!:D

BTW, I also have 25 cornies in my garage!!! I'm still "collecting" all the other peripheral equipment I need to keg with. Still looking for the right tap. I already purchased some tap handles.

homebrewer_99 said:
How about I just leave some of that stuff in my Will for ya?;)

I've got wayyyyy too many toys...nah!:D

BTW, I also have 25 cornies in my garage!!! I'm still "collecting" all the other peripheral equipment I need to keg with. Still looking for the right tap. I already purchased some tap handles.

Hey, just leave me whatever you want. ;)

:off: Sorry to thread-jack Orfy. What are you going to use as the keggerator? And what kind of taps are you thinking?

Ize

homebrewer_99 said:
Yes, it is, but you're only seeing a part of it. I also have 2 cabinets with glasses up the wazoo.

I also have 2 stainless steel medical cabinets where I store all the equipment: hoses, canes, syphons, washers, caps, etc.

The large boxes are 55# malt (they are on a dolly for easy moving) and the boxes have bottles in them. Behind the malt and underneath the shelves there are also about a dozen cases of mead and conditioning brews.:D

(RE-EDITED with smaller pictures).

You're my hero!

Back