Mini keg hand pump tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcpastore

Reaction score
It's supposedly for a 1.3 gallon mini keg. Found pictures but can't find any info on it or where to buy it. Anyone have any ideas?

Killed as in drank them (the party balls) to an empty state, but also broke some of the tappers. Those had a trendency to foam a lot so we did a lot of decanting of foamy bud light in my buddies basement. If I remember correctly the tapper was only like $15-20 if you bought a party ball.

Awesome thanks for the find! So the consensus is either use a party star tap or don't use a mini keg at all?

I'm looking for something that is a happy medium between growlers and a 5 gallon corny for taking to parties (CHEAPLY). I thought maybe if this was cheap, it would just be the $10 for a new 1.3 gallon keg. So this being $18 or so bucks it seems like a neat little system for roughly $30 total.

Should I spring for it or not?

If you are only going to be using it to dispense beer at a party, why not just use the gravity tap already on the mini-keg? Either way and oxygen is introduced to the keg. Not a problem if it is getting consumed in a short time such as a party. Then it only costs you the $10 for the keg plus maybe a buck for the reuseable bung.

If you are only going to be using it to dispense beer at a party, why not just use the gravity tap already on the mini-keg? Either way and oxygen is introduced to the keg. Not a problem if it is getting consumed in a short time such as a party. Then it only costs you the $10 for the keg plus maybe a buck for the reuseable bung.

I didn't think these had a gravity dispenser? Assuming they don't, I would have to drill for a tap, which is more work and money.

I also liked the idea of sitting this in an ice bath and a gravity tap wouldn't work like that.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep it going.

Back