Blichmann Beer Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to try mine out this weekend and was happy to find this video which at least shows me how it's done. I wish mine had come with a video:

[YOUTUBE]WWaUK6BhnZw[/YOUTUBE]

Orpheus said:
I'm getting ready to try mine out this weekend and was happy to find this video which at least shows me how it's done. I wish mine had come with a video:

The BMBF works just as good.

SuperiorBrew said:
It dosnt look as cool though.

I dont over flow mine like that though.

Put up a video of you filling up a bottle! I want to see it! I tried BMBF but the SWMBO still thinks I should get the gun (who am I to argue) but I'll only do it if it is really that easy and it doesn't foam like this video shows....

OldFarmer said:
You want foam, use the beer gun. you want to bottle beer, use a counterpressure. 'nuf said to get me in trouble...........:cross:

I have to agree. Why would you depressurize the beer when it's so easily avoided? I mean, at least make a reasonable attempt to retain the dissolved gas.

I'm going to be running a long term storage trial on this method just to make sure oxidation isn't an issue. If it works out, I'll never drop a dime on either of the commercial fillers.

[YOUTUBE]CwIbFQcHYyo[/YOUTUBE]

Back