Beers with long ferment times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vp7799

Reaction score
Hey all,

I will be deploying next year. I have just started and really enjoy brewing my own beer. I would like to try and find a recepie for to sit in a fermenter while I am gone. The basic plan is to move to a secondary before I deploy, sometime between 6 and 9 months later rack it (while I am on R&R leave), a couple weeks before I redeploy have the wife move it to the fridge, once I get back have the wife bring me a couple bottles. I just starting and should be up to al teast a partial mash but the time I get home. Any ideas?

If you have temp control you could so a serious lager... some sort of bock maybe... otherwise, a barley wine or imperial stout would be the thing

You could do a Belgian strong ale too. Mine just hit FG--1.005 so about 12.3%--and I'm gonna let it ride at least 9 months

I'll second the sour! Just dropped one to secondary last week, only 6-9 more months to stare at it...

I am looking at a Belgian strong ale. I would like to try a sour, but I never have drank one. Are there any good commercial ones I could try. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'd recommend doing a really big stout or a Belgian. Are you doing extract brews right now?

Yea I am still in the beginning stages with extract. I am looking into building a keezer or small fridge with a temp control in the next year so I can keep the temp steady. Depending on how well I progress I would like to do this as a partial mash, maybe a full grain. I am thinking on waiting on full grain till after I deploy.

Latest posts

Back