Beer prayer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennychico11

Reaction score
My girlfriend gave me a card yesterday for my birthday (which is this Saturday if anyone wants to send me a case of their best home brew) ;)
....and the card read:

Our lager
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink,

Thy kegdom come,
I fill thee mug,
At home, as in the tavern.

Give us this day, our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill upon us.
And lead us not, into inebriation,
But deliver us from hangovers,
Barmen

she thought it might help me the next time I brew since I've killed the yeast twice already :)

sweet! just curious, how'd you kill the yeast? did u pitch it into hot wort or something?.

sweet! just curious, how'd you kill the yeast? did u pitch it into hot wort or something?.

the first one I rehydrated with too hot of water (of course that was my first batch and cooling down the wort had to be the only step I skipped over)
the second time I'm not sure why it didn't work. 72+ hours later and I had no fermentation...so I went out and bought yeast again and it took off in less than 9 hours. My GF helped me with that one and she was in charge of rehydrating and pitching it....so she blamed it on herself. Which is why she gave me the beer prayer card. Although I think it might have had to do something with the yeast itself....not really sure.

I remember one kind of like that and hunted it down on the webernets..

Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be Thy drink,
Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as I am in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers.
For thine is the beer, The bitter and the lager, Forever and ever.
Barmen.

Back