Pitched yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run3minman

Reaction score
Alright so I made my first non kit beer last night and I pitched the yeast at about 65-67 degrees give or take. I am a little worried because I woke up this morning and it looks like no reaction has happened at all. What should I do???

Wait it out. Most ale yeasts should do great at that pitching temp. Those yeasties are probably busy creating more yeasties

Dry yeast? Liquid yeast - Starter or no starter? Age of yeast?

Its OK it will probably be going when you get home from work. It sometimes takes 1 or 2 days to show visible signs of fermentation. Good starters and oxygenation help.

nothing.
you should do nothing.
let it be.

You pitched at a good temp, keep it there. The yeast will start on their own. They have to multiply up to an enormous volume before they really get started.

You may notice a sticky at the top - it takes 24-72 hours for visible signs...and if you're using a bucket with a less than stellar lid seal, you may see nothing!

relax. congrats on the first brew!

Thanks everyone. I will keep you posted. It was a liquid yeast and was a little clumpy in appearance when I first put it in but then it dissolved.

Back