What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPIM1247.jpg

Just had another one of my cascade pale ales. I have a Hefeweizen up next. Who knows what I'll be having later, maybe a Weller on the rocks......

Drinking my last 'Merica IPA (made with Cascade and Columbus hops). It was good while it lasted.

Drinking the end of a Centennial IPA batch, and it's pretty good.. I went with more of a bittering IPA on this one.

Next up to serve is a malty dark lager.

A sample of the gravity reading of the oatmeal stout I just put in the fermenter. Tastes delicious!

Just racked my banana wine and tasting a sample. Still tastes like rocket fuel at 5 months.

My 1.6 yr old Gold Tap Gem. Straight tap water(only did this twice),NZ Pacific gem hops,NB Gold malt extract,some crystal 20,carawheat. I was thinking pale ale then,but this is more of a scottish tasting amber to me. 6.3% and bigger than I normally brewed. Aged quite well. I once heard an experience homebrewer say if your beers age well then you have a good process. May have worded that wrong but this dude has been brewing a long ass time.
I quite like this beer and NZ hops(think I smell berries) for that matter. Those woody dry vaniila tones make me swear this is barell aged and it isnt.Im thinking its the crystal 20/carawheat combo.Carmel/vanilla candy carmel with dry toast woody chocolate bread/toast. Something like a that. Anywayz, I appreaciate this more now than then,and still has great aroma almost 2 yrs later! Great extract beer,despite being hesitant about my tap water. And because of my tap water,yes it did seem harsh at first.Now its a gem. I really kind of disliked this beer and had meh-all over it then. Now its drinking itself all up in my facea a boob ya! And my finace-ya is knittng a blankey all up in the place in her langerie-ya.

I was going to have one of those, but I really need to finish off IPA to make space for the IPA that's on the way now.

Save the St. Peter's for the perfect moment. Those are really good beers, I think the IPA may very well be my favorite of the style. :mug:

HPIM1254.jpg

Speaking of moments, couple fingers of rum backed by a tasty ale goes really well with the spicy English tobacco in my pipe. I'm usually a cigar-with-my-booze kinda guy, but I'm really liking this pipe thing.

Just drank one of my 60 shillings. I'd been holding off drinking it hoping it was just taking forever to carbonate, but since it's been 3 months in the bottle now for a beer just over 3%, I'm just accepting that I used too little priming sugar (or maybe even forgot it entirely, but I distinctly remember adding it). Very low carbonation and lack of head aside, quite happy with the flavor.

What am I drinking? I'm drinking in the sweet sweet taste of victory, after serving my ex wife a fat one at court, retaining full custody of my kids, and having her lawyers report of findings rejected as evidence by the judge, all while representing myself. And washing it down with a NB Belgo.

bottlebomber said:
What am I drinking? I'm drinking in the sweet sweet taste of victory, after serving my ex wife a fat one at court, retaining full custody of my kids, and having her lawyers report of findings rejected as evidence by the judge, all while representing myself. And washing it down with a NB Belgo.

I'll drink to that! Boom!!!

Back