Great Taste of the Midwest - Madison, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got tickets last year from a friend who works for a distributor. If you havent been before it is an amazing festival. Hoping to score the free tickets again this year!!!

My good friend and his family went last year and from the pictures and stories, I just had to go this year! Here's hoping for some nice weather come August!

I'll try to go but only through the mail order lottery. Don't really feel like driving an hour + to wait in line for a chance to buy a ticket.

I went last year and it was the day I fell in love with craft beer never turned back. I'm for sure going this year.

How bad are the lines? I was thinking of driving from Iowa to get tickets.

Try for the mail in lottery. Seriously. My fellow homebrew club members had a 70% success rate last year. Get your neighbor to mail in for you too. You should get two tickets.

Does anyone in Madison known where the best place to buy tickets is? I hear you need to be in line by 9AM and wait till noon to get a ticket at Steve's liquor.

Does anyone in Madison known where the best place to buy tickets is? I hear you need to be in line by 9AM and wait till noon to get a ticket at Steve's liquor.

I think Steve's Liquor on Mineral Point is your best bet. I also heard that you don't necessarily need to get there as early as previous years because now they strictly enforce a 2 ticket per person policy. Previously, the first person could have theoretically purchased all the available tickets at that location which caused people to show up at like midnight or even earlier just to ensure a ticket!

I bought tickets in May along with the rest of you but I just noticed after looking at one of my tickets that the stub part is missing... don't know how it happened but somehow its gone... whats my chances of getting in without the perforated part... i have 3 other tickets in the same number range...

Back