How Long Does a Corny Keg Last For You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

Reaction score
I just got my kegerator going 4 days ago and kegged my nut brown and the SWMBO Slayer and im already out of the nut brown! It was a damn good beer! My friends and family had quite a bit and loved every drop, how long does your beer last??? I still have 3/4 of the Belgian Blonde =)

Mine last anywhere from 6 hours to over 6 weeks. If I'm the only one drinking, a keg will last a month or more. If I have a few parties, the time is reduced drastically.

If it is a popular beer and I have several people drinking from it, it can go in a week pretty easy. On the average a corny will last a month or longer.

One day if it's really good and people come over. If I'm the only one drinking it (unlikely) it probably goes three or four weeks.

Usually just me drinking it and it lasts on average 3 weeks.

Maybe a month or longer for bigger beers.

Bitters, milds etc (and really good beers) will last about 2 weeks.

From as little as 2 hours to 3 years depending on the type of brew and if I want to share.:D

If it's just me and the wife drinking - I think I floated the first keg in about 2 weeks ('twas a heavy drinking period). Now it takes me a month or two.

I go through my drinking phases - generally I'll drink 24 ounces a night. Sometimes I keep going back to the keg. Sometimes I never make it there. I think my average is a keg a month (wife's drinking is negligible enough not to count).

5 gallons = 640oz

640oz / 20oz (Imperial Pint Glass) = 32 glasses

32 glasses / 2 glasses a day (average) = 16 days

Though, I have four taps and 10 kegs total.

:drunk:

when I only had a single tap kegerator it would usually last between one night to 5 days. I now built an 8 tap kegerator and they are much more spread out, ciders and stouts last months but lagers and pale ales still go within a few weeks. I have a lot of friends who like to drink beer.

3 months so far. I also drink plenty of commercials that I want to try. Probably faster lately, since I've had a lighter beer on tap. But now I have two taps going. I usually am the only one drinking it.

I would say on average it will last 4 weeks but there have been times where it goes in hours and other's that get taken off and saved for later.

I kegged my first batch last weekend, 24 hours 45 mins. me and 3 friends put a dent in it on friday night, saturday late afternoon about 6 pints were pulled and then foam. i teared up.. i didnt have any of those last 7 pints so i collected an offering from the pints that still existed.

It's still only two cases' worth.

If I'm drinking it exclusively, maybe 3 weeks. If I'm drinking other stuff as well, up to 8-10 but never longer than that.

First keg I tapped I polished off in 5 day. Swmbo didn't drink any and friends didn't drink any. It was only 4 gallons but it goes fast when you use a 1 liter glass

I have six on tap so a keg can last up to 4 months. Which is nice for some beers but bad for hoppy beers that can loose their pop.

:mug:

Usually right around a month for me, most of the time more than that. I keep the 3 taps on the kegerator full and use the garage fridge for overflow or kegs that are about to blow.

I drink about 1 pint on a weeknight, and 2 on a weekend day, which would last me alone over a month. I always have people over to help, so it cuts my lifespan on a keg down to about 3.5 weeks

It depends what's in the kegs. Session beers usually last me 2-3 weeks. Bigger beers usually between 4-6 weeks.

It also varies depending on how much we're entertaining.

Depends on the beer. The California Common I brewed in March and have had on tap since April is almost gone. The Belgian Pale I brewed at the same time is about half full. I have a stout that has been in the keg since sometime in January.

Normally it's just me drinking it, and with four taps it lasts awhile. I don't have company often, so it made me proud last weekend when a buddy visited and kept going back for more of the Belgian pale.

i have four taps, but only seem to get 2 of my beers on tap at the same time. but the last few months i've brewed alot of blondes/wheats/pale ales and they are kicked quick when we have friends over.

my last pale lasted the longest, probably about 5 weeks, my blonde seems to last about 2-3.

5 gallons = 640oz

640oz / 20oz (Imperial Pint Glass) = 32 glasses

32 glasses / 2 glasses a day (average) = 16 days

Though, I have three taps and 5 kegs total.

:drunk:

^^^^
This (slightly modified) :drunk:

If you share it goes much quicker. :D I try to have 2 beers fermenting and 2 carbing up at all times that way I never run out.

I have a 2 part answer...

Part 1: It depends on how high the ABV is for said brew in the keg. A lower ABV will not last me nearly as long as some monster 10-12% beer.

Part 2: They almost always last until the next batch is ready to get kegged. At that point I am right back to bottling. I do it straight from the keggerator and into swing tops but it still requires all of the nuances of bottling (other than a bottling bucket) however I never know if I am bottling 3 bottles or over a case but I can normally guess pretty close...

FYI I have 2 taps on my DIY tower. I would add more but the keggerator will not hold more kegs... :(

I have three taps full at all times, 90% of the time I'm the only one drinking from them, plus I have a whole shelf full of commercial craft brew. I drink on average 8 pints a week. A keg typically lasts 2-4 months.

All depends how much you drink. 5 gallons is 40 pints.

General rule of thumb for me is 1 keg /month. But that varies if friends are over.

I cascade my kegs, so that they mature at different times so that I have motivation to jump off an older keg to hit a new one, which allows the old keg more time to age and mature in taste. By doing so, I can make it 2 months on a keg and need to brew 5 gallons every two weeks.

I have four kegs, three taps. I try to brew once every four to five weeks, keeping one keg in queue. So far, I'm at about one per month by quantity, but since I'm the only drinker in the house, a single keg lasts a couple months since it's distributed across three and I tend to favor one.

Its really hard to figure. I have six corneys and several beers in bottles with at least two fermenting at all times. It always seems i kick two kegs at once. Right when i think i am stocked up. I fail.....:(

I brew every 3 to 4 weeks so I try to have a rhythm of keg then ferment, keg then ferment....lol. For some reason there still are empty commercial beers in my garbage ..?

For my Summer BBQ, I kicked 10 kegs in 7 hours.

Typical consumption, as most have stated, depends on the beer. Higher ABV stick around a bit longer (unless they are super duper good). I go through 2 kegs of my house pale ale a month, with a 3 tap kegerator.

I'm at a conference right now, this will probably go tonight.
7e28dc47.jpg

Mostly 6 months to 5 years. Not the same since Guzzle Boy died. He could kill a keg in 3 weeks!

mine will sadly last no more than 3 weeks. One night I had a party and went through 5 kegs. It never ends though, beer is an art form and art is meant to be enjoyed.

Back