Central Jersey Homebrewers Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hope to sit in at the next one Bobby. The 17th is next, correct?

Thanks again for helping me set up my pots correctly Bobby!
I laughed all the way home when I realized literally EVERY item I would have ordered online we decided to change, and for good reason. Very happy with the way the brew pots turned out!

I do hope to sit in at the next one Bobby. The 17th is next, correct?

Thanks again for helping me set up my pots correctly Bobby!
I laughed all the way home when I realized literally EVERY item I would have ordered online we decided to change, and for good reason. Very happy with the way the brew pots turned out!

Yes, the 17th.

I'm glad I was able to help out with the pots. I've gotten so used to working on converted half barrels that it was a pleasure to punch holes in those light weight pots for a change.

I think its still $5 off if you're a member of nj craft beer. But it is pretty high a price. I'm going to the all things nj at meadowlands racetrack instead. $2 for guys and free for women.

I'm from New Brunswick but not in the City, basically stuck in that no man's land where I'm about a mile or 2 from North Brunswick, East Brunswick and Edison.

Reading through the thread I find it enjoyable that people debate so heavily what's North, South, and Central Jersey. It's like being in a real discussion. I like to think of Central Jersey as Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth, and Somerset, then parts of Ocean, Union, and Hunterdon. But then again I think of certain parts of Burlington as Central Jersey as well.

As far as clubs, I haven't joined any yet, I'm working as a homebrewer myself but also with my brother so I think we'll look at joining one together but I'm not sure. Depends on if we can get our schedules to mesh with a homebrew club's schedule

I moved from clark/rahway to south river. So, i am like miles south of my old town. I always thought of rahway as north Jersey.

Checking in from Wall (Allenwood).....thought about joining a club. I also thought about joining njcrabz but I heard there gone now. Jill from BA said the guy who used to run it, got a job as a brewer at Carton.

Hey, I've been brewing since March, located in Bridgewater (obviously, based on my handle). Thinking about going to a WHALES meeting too. Also wanted to let the Central Jersey brewers know about a relatively new homebrew shop in New Brunswick. Good prices, nice guys, and they have samples on tap. And no, I don't work there. :)
http://www.love2brew.com/

I've met some guys at Ferment the World, they're cool people. The did a brewing thing at love2brew like a week after Sandy with some of the guys there and they're all really chill guys.

I know of few of the regulars at Ferment the World but just to clarify, they are more of a casual regular meet-up vs. a formal club. Everyone has their own preferences of course so that very well might be what you guys are looking for. The Whales collect dues, run regular projects, structured tasting exercises, competitions, own a 2BBL portable brew house, etc.

Thanks Hoppy. I'm going to get over to a meeting once I get another brew or two bottled.
Thanks for the info Bobby. Given my other committments and the fact that I'm still getting up to speed, a more casual group is probably better for me, for now. I definitely could see myself working up to the WHALES club though.

I know of few of the regulars at Ferment the World but just to clarify, they are more of a casual regular meet-up vs. a formal club. Everyone has their own preferences of course so that very well might be what you guys are looking for. The Whales collect dues, run regular projects, structured tasting exercises, competitions, own a 2BBL portable brew house, etc.

If you're in the Woodbridge area, the WHALES are a great club. I went to a meeting a few months ago and really like what they're doing up there. Unfortunately, I'm in Toms River and I'm not sure I can commit to getting up to Woodbridge even once a month.

Anyone know of any good clubs in the Toms River/Ocean/Monmouth area?

Well I should have a free afternoon/weekend schedual in about 2 weeks. I can talk to the brewers apprentice and see if we can get the njcrabz going again. Anyone be interested in that?

Viking, I'd be interested. I was also thinking about Seeing if there was interest for a meet up at Jackson Surf Taco or Tipperary Pub and could probably talk one of those locations into hosting once a month. I know Tipperary being a newer bar would probably appreciate the business.

See posts from hoppy hoppy hippo, me and Bobby M earlier in this thread. You might be able to attend meetings with WHALES or Ferment the world.

I've read about Floundesr, really interesting ideas. I wish I had a more time friendly job cause I'd love to help them get started with anything I can do. Also gonna be a new Brewery opening in Toms River, Rinn Duin Brewing. Excited to have more breweries pop up. Hopefully they storm on the scene like Kane and Carton did. They quickly became my favorite NJ Breweries. Also River Horse had their last brew in Lambertville today. Moving to Ewing.

Thanks for info. Didn't know River Horse was moving. If you're ever near Bridgewater try The Office on Rt 22. I was there once and they had cheap flights of local beers like Carton and Kane along with bigger names like Stone. A lot of IPAS to choose from. Getting back on topic, Ferment the World is meeting at Harvest Moon in New Brunswick Monday night 7:30. I'll be bringing an IPA and a SNPA clone that I particularly like.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
I've read about Floundesr, really interesting ideas. I wish I had a more time friendly job cause I'd love to help them get started with anything I can do. Also gonna be a new Brewery opening in Toms River, Rinn Duin Brewing. Excited to have more breweries pop up. Hopefully they storm on the scene like Kane and Carton did. They quickly became my favorite NJ Breweries. Also River Horse had their last brew in Lambertville today. Moving to Ewing.

Rinn Duin is being eagerly awaited at a few different spots in the ocean and Monmouth counties. The beers are good. All session ales in the English style. Can't wait for them to open come late June/July.

Also, the Ocean County Homebrew Club meets every second Tuesday of the month starting at 7:30 at the Tipperary Pub in Lakehurst. Next meeting is June 11.

Maybe have to enter the brew my brother and I are working on. Figure it would be a nice add though I'm concerned we may be out of style for a blonde since we'll likely have too much hop aroma.

I'm brewing an American Rye for a club competition. Depending on how it turns out, I might send that in.

I will enter my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. It's about 5 wks in the bottle now and perfectly balanced but a little worried it will lose too much Cascade aroma by July. I guess I should put them all in the fridge now.

Hi guys. Im from Bergen County but i was wondering if anyone here had 2 used - 5gal pin lock cornelius kegs for cheap or I could borrow with a deposit? Please let me know if you can help me out. I really need them ASAP.PLEASE HELP!

Latest posts

Back