time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the D_ranged_eskimo has passed the torch and I'll jump on it.

Commercially sold beer that has now become my all time fav.

hmm_tasty_day1.jpg

Complex aroma and taste are two of it's primary characteristics. It's partner is actually a model for the style. If this makes it to day two, I'll add another hint un-obscure the label a tad bit more.

The color in the pic is accurate and it turns out the head is true to style. No picture of the lace as it turns out I have a hard time using my camera after a few of these.

Updated Pic.
hmm_tasty2.jpg

There's 5 hints out there, some more subtle than others. The label that's visible should point folks in the right direction for hint #6.

I'm sure it goes without saying by now (I think every variant has been guessed) that it's not Belgium in style or history.

Old Ale - yes
Curmudgeon - no

It's actually Curmudgeon's better Half. An 11.9% ABV Old Ale brewed with molasses and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels.

And holy smokes, I just found folks selling it on Ebay for $70 a bottle. It's good, but not $70 good.

This feels kind of dirty with that little censorship box being lowered ;)

I have nothing to contribute to this one, Founders isn't distributed here

The color is accurate. One of the three guesses has been on the right track, looking for some specifics.

Back