time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i have a good one, if emjay doesn't ruin it.

4399-dsc00121.jpg

for this one i want the beer style and the specific yeast. the style is pretty plain. those are your clues.

FromZwolle said:
i think i have a good one, if emjay doesn't ruin it.

for this one i want the beer style and the specific yeast. the style is pretty plain. those are your clues.

I really don't know what that is, so I'm not sure how I could ruin it :)

Next thing people will want to know what company the base malt is from... regardless,

Bitter, wy1275.

bierhaus15 said:
Next thing people will want to know what company the base malt is from... regardless,

Bitter, wy1275.

I'm hoping there's more of a purpose here than simply just asking for random info like that... I have to give Zwolle more credit than that.

If not... then resorting to such arbitrary levels of specificity, not to mention urine, is probably a sign that this game is beginning to devolve, and that its days are numbered.

So Zwolle, I really hope there's a point to all this :)

I'm hoping there's more of a purpose here than simply just asking for random info like that... I have to give Zwolle more credit than that.

If not... then resorting to such arbitrary levels of specificity, not to mention urine, is probably a sign that this game is beginning to devolve, and that its days are numbered.

yes, there is. think of why the yeast would be important. (general advice, to everone guessing)

So are you going to criticize every entry until they have proved worthy? Your policing of this "game" is getting a little tiring.

So are you going to criticize every entry until they have proved worthy? Your policing of this "game" is getting a little tiring.

your guess is a little cryptic. i'm guessing by referencing the police, you mean a blonde british.

nope, try again. :D

passedpawn said:

Not at all. Somebody else pointed out the seemingly ridiculous request for the yeast strain, comparing it to asking for the maltster of the base grain.

I simply know Zwolle a bit better than that and even said, to that effect, that I gotta give him more credit than that and believe there's a solid point to him asking for it, rather than simply trying to make this a totally random guessing game.

In other words, I wasn't trying to "police" anything with that particular post, I certainly wasn't criticizing Zwolle, and a little bit of reading comprehension would have made that obvious. So untwist those panties, scrub that sand out of your vagina, take a Midol, etc, etc, etc, and please just play the damn game. None of that was directed towards you anyways.

BONUS ROUND!!!

Don't forget to guess the current brew, but this is a bonus round. winner gets a free case of spit from my rabid dog.

Hint:- I drank this beer recently, and it tasted like crap.

4456t-mhl.jpg

BONUS ROUND!!!

Don't forget to guess the current brew, but this is a bonus round. winner gets a free case of spit from my rabid dog.

Hint:- I drank this beer recently, and it tasted like crap.

4456t-mhl.jpg

you know you liked it! it's champagne! wait, no. it's beer? but the fat delivery guy tells me it will improve my life somehow.

Here's a two for one. Hints come in the am. I'll take the first correct answer on the left one. Bonus points for the right.

image-173676651.jpg

No one has it so far.

Hint 1: both fit into BJCP categories & are classic examples of their styles. But clearly they are foreign to one another.

Close. You got the hefe, but not the one for the money :) And here's another hint. You probably won't find the answer by searching my profile. :p

onthekeg said:
Irish Red on left

Bingo.

I was going to also give hints that the category it's grouped in is pure irony (given the animosity between ireland and Scotland), and that this is one of the 3% of other ales produced by this country of lager makers.

onthekeg, you're up.

Back