Disconnect not staying on liquid out post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNCPDT

Reaction score
this seems like an easy fix, but I'm stumped!

so i tried to put a simple dispensing line (QD+tubing+picnic faucet) on a corny keg last night. the problem is, the QD wont "catch" onto the beveled edge of the kegpost, so i have to press+hold the QD onto the post while at the same time opening the faucet to pour. it almost seems like the QD is too short/post too high and the ball bearings won't reach past/lock onto the ridge of the post. i tried to lub the post o-ring and tighten the top of the QD, should i try to replace the post o-ring? any other suggestions, this has happened once before too......

ok well ill make the dumb suggestion because it sounds like you already know what your doing. at the bottom of the QD there is a plastic ring that you have to pull up before you push it onto the post so the ball barrings can get out of the way. then release the ring and push it back down if needed.

hahaha, that was it exactly, thanks Tipsy! I am usually able just to punch the QD down on the kegpost with no problem (the gas-in had no problems latching), and totally forgot about lifting the ring up first! I am still fairly new to kegging, so I'm still working out the kinks....

lol i only know that trick because i had the same problem last night and eventually tried what i suggested. well happy keging.

Check to make sure the posts are on the correct position. The gas in post has notches cut on the wrench corners. The liquid side does not. It sounds like you may have switched the posts around.

Back