First homebrew batch, first label!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PirateScott

Reaction score
Hi all! Here is my first label for my first batch of beer I brewed earlier this year. I just started my second batch (a tripel) and am continuing the pirate theme throughout my beers. Whacha think?
Hornswoggle%20Hef.jpg

Very nice, could be commercial. The only thing I might do is make the surgeon general thing smaller and add something about the beer. Its like reading the back of a cereal box.

Nice work with the graphics, especially the barley-sword. Pretty darn professional! But since you're not selling it I'd replace the gov't stuff with some info about what went into the beer/what it tastes like... In pirate-speak, of course.

Thats a great label, I agree with making the surgeon general stuff smaller, don't think you really need a description they can be cool but they are all the same.

Great label! What software do you use to make these?

Although I'm not the original poster, I made mine with Adobe Photoshop, you just need to know a few tricks to bump them up above the flat and bland looking ones.

Most people do a solid color background and solid color text, but patterns and outlining is what makes it look more professional.

That's a really nice design-- good background photo.

I agree with others in saying you should reduce or eliminate some of the "government" stuff-- it crowds out your design and makes it a little too commercial looking.

-Steve

I really like it, very professional looking. +1 on limiting the government stuff. Plus, I'm not sure what legal stuff you'd get into if someone happened to mix your bottle in with other returnables and tried to get the 5 cents for it.

...just noticed the grain sword. Freakin' great idea!

I'm currently working on my first label for my first batch, and my designs pale in comparison to that. Keep up the good work! Does the barcode have a meaningful value to it?

Back