Dr. Pepper flavored mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadiator

Reaction score
I ADORE Dr. Pepper. If I were to go about making a mead flavored to taste like Dr. Pepper, how would I do it? I feel like the honey would be a problematic factor in flavor, so of there is any other way to make an alcoholic Dr. Pepper homebrew, I'm open to suggestion.

Honestly go get a bottle of vodka. I'm not sure the dr. Pepper could be fermented it may have additives in it preventing yeast fermentation. Im not sure though have never considered fermenting soda other than root beer.

Don't know how you feel about extracts, but here you go...you can even get a 55 gal drum of the stuff, but I suppose you could get away with the 2 lb jar!

Supposedly 23 different flavors go into the mix that makes the Dr. Pepper flavor, so it might be hard to get it using authentic ingredients...

there was a person on here who made a mountain Dew wine not too long ago, if you could find that thread maybe you could adapt it to this.

biochemedic and JFK have hit the nail on the head.

Extracts would be, by far, the easiest way to go. There's likely far to many preservatives in Dr P's to use even flat..........

You'd have to check the label, but sulphites, sodium benzoate, etc are commonly used in drinks.

Besides, why try to make one distinctive alcoholic drink mimic another, non-alcoholic drink which has an equally distinctive, yet completely different flavour ?

If you want to get hammered, just drink vodka and Dr P's or get the extract to make Dr P's flavoured vodka. If you used Everclear with the extract, you could drink it in tiny vodka glasses and still get completely out of your tree on it..........

Homebrew. not sure.

dr pepper is 23 flavors, some of which are berries, some of which are nuts, Ive been thinking of finding them myself recently. I can tell you that the primary flavor is Almonds, it also has hints of cherries. I also know the general spices used in spiced rums, work heavy into dr pepper.

I would do a small batch of mead, then experiment- I would add actual Dr. P if possible (diet?). If that doesn't work, extracts.

If you find something that does work post it!

Back