Golf Talk in Elevators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Annoyance level: @4

I find golf incredibly boring to play. If you like it, thats fine, to each his/her own.

I find watching someone else playing golf to be one level up in boring. More boring than playing it myself. If you like it, thats fine, to each his/her own.

I find talking about one's golf game to be a step up from that. More boring than playing or watching. If you like it, thats fine, to each his/her own.

But to be stuck in an elevator, forced to listen to two grown men talk about another person's golf game that they saw on tv for 20 floors... I really feel like I deserve some sort of financial repairations. Or at least an apology.

Sweet Onion Chutney!

sigh. It will pass.

I bet a golfer would say the same thing if they had to listen to two homebrewers blab about yeast strains and stainless steel.

So hole 10 is dog leg right. I can clear the trees if I hit the driver perfectly. I thought about hitting 3-wood. The wind was helping so I grabbed the big dog. Hit it effin perfect. Left me 90 out. Hit SW to 10 ft and sunk it for birdie. So glad I didn't lay up. It was one of those shots that keep you coming back.

So how was your evening, Creamy?

:D

So there I was; lining up for the attempt. I had my stainless conical sanitized and ready. I wasn't about to ruin a plastic fermenter with my new strain of Brettanomyces! I took a look at my items and carefully selected a vial WLP500. I knew I had to ferment low to get the fruitiness without unwanted spice notes. It was a risk I was willing to take.

It was now or never! I pitched the entire vial. BOOYA! Nailed my temps!

I poured a glass of homebrew and started cleaning up. That's when it hit me. I forgot to build a starter!

My suggestion? You should have started babbling incoherently and then told them to tell you more.

Start singing "Its a Small World" and just keep getting louder and louder until they either stop or you can't hear then anymore.

Cough, hack, and wheeze like you have tuberculosis. That usually keeps people on edge.

Could always fart too (and blame one of them)

I thought about interjecting made up statistics from other sports. Something about Tebow's line drive to the canvas during intermission. I opted against that though.

My lawyer used to play jokes while in the elevator. He would go from the 40th floor to the 38th or so and right before getting off he would tell a friend/client "Don't worry, if they don't find the axe they can't make the murder charge stick." Imagine having to descend 38 floors with everyone looking at you.

Back