Co2 tank in the fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshay

Reaction score
Quick question, first time kegging here on Wednesday. The question is I understand that the co2 tank regulator changes readings once in the fridge. So I put the co2 tank in the fridge a day before I keg to adjust to the changing temperature or just put it in once I keg and then adjust the regulator when I need to?

On a two gauge regulator, it effects the gauge that tells you how much is left in the tank. It does not effect the line pressure gauge.

Short answer: put it in the fridge whenever you want, it does not effect the reading.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, how would you know your co2 tank is getting empty then?

Awesome! Thanks for the info, how would you know your co2 tank is getting empty then?

The only way to know how much CO2 you have left is to weigh the tank and subtract the tare weight. As long as the temperature is constant, the high pressure gauge will read the same until all of the liquid CO2 is gone, and all that's left is vapor. At that point, the gauge will start dropping rapidly, and you'll know that you're almost out of gas.

Back