Oxiclean removing label question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyfan964

Reaction score
How much oxiclean do you think I should put in my bathtub to remove labels off of about 50-60 bottles?

2 scoups !!?? just a guess!! i am new at this two! not to be rude but your better off just trying! I have oxiclean free and I did a tub full of wine bottles and for 85-90% of the lables came off in a few hours...if you leave them all night..you by chance wont have to scrub at all!

I did 24 in a bucket yesterday with 1 1/2 scoops. Go with 3 scoops and you should be fine.

Wow, it really would depend on how much water your tub holds and then use the recommended mixture. I usually just fill a full size cooler 3/4 the way full, and add a level scoop. 24 hour soak and off they come. I wouldn't put more than 2 scoops in a tub.

You may want to re-think doing all the bottles at once however. You're going to have to rinse them really well after soaking them to get the Oxy residue off. Maybe break up the load into 12's or 24's so it's not so hefty.

Ize

Here's a tip... fill a sink with 1 scoop... De-label several bottles and put more bottles in the sink... continue with the same water... You don't have to waste scoop after scoop... So why waste two scoops in a bathtub when you can spend a little more time and 1 scoop in the sink???

I used half a scoop in a 5gallon home depot bucket and it worked great. Floating labels in a few hours. Using the bucket I could set it somewhere else while they soaked.

How about adding the water a 5g bucket at a time, keeping track of the # of buckets. Then, multiply that by the directions for 5g. I usually use 1/4 - 1/2 scoop for 5g.

I do just shy of a scoop in a 5G bucket and it deals with the glue/binders in a matter of a couple of hours. Great stuff.

I'm with Sbarnard80. I use half a scoop or less to 5 gallons of water and reuse it for about a week. Oxiclean is cheap, but no need to waste it. A little bit'll do ya.

Latest posts

Back