Opening a Pub / Feedback please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomBeerGuy

Reaction score
So over last weekend I spoke with my busniess partner. We both came to the conclusion that after the christmas madness we will start scoping out our locations. We have ideal's for 4 total cities. Starting January we will head out to each location and stop at the local pubs and see if we can hand out our survey of 5 questions. As long as the pub will let us. So I thought might as well get your input. Feel free, please note that this is a survey of your own opinion. All the feed back is appreciated. We will be starting off small serving beer and food. Then in about 6 months or so of success. We will then expand and build our brewhouse and start serving our beers as well. We have many great idea's and are moving towards planning but we would like your input. Please do not quote the survey. That would be a mess. if you go with answer (E) Please place in a suggestion. This is to help us, help the public with serving only the best every time. No question is a dumb question please ask.

1. What type of food do you like to eat in a pub setting?
A. Burger's and Fries
B. Toasted sandwiches, soups, and salads
C. Appetizers (hot poppers, chicken wings, ect)
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:

2. How many beer selections would you like to see?
A. 5+
B. 10+
C. 20+
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions:

3. What type of entertainment do you enjoy?
A. Sports and Events
B. Pool table, darts, arcade, ect
C. Music
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions:

4. How often do you frequent a pub in a week?
A. 1-2
B. 2-4
C. 4-7
D All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:

5. What type of decor/theme would you like to see?
A. Sport's
B. Automovtive
C. Social
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:

1. A
2. D
3. E -- A dart board isn't bad, but I don't like the atmosphere that pool brings to a quality brew-spot (I love playing pool, that isn't the point I'm making). A flat screen or two with football on isn't bad, but sports bars are loud and lame to me (but in your area they might be a huge market). I like a low key, mellow, loungy and stylish atmosphere with good (non-live) music playing. That's my very personal ideal.
4. A
5. see 3 :mug:

good luck!

I think you need to revise you answer options to get better feedback. Or maybe tell us what you are looking to gain from each of the questions.

1) thats all standard pub fare/american that I would expect to get anywhere, maybe ask what types of food people like to eat american, tex mex, breakfast etc. stuff like that.

2) What is this going to tell you besides variety? I want a brewpub to make great beer, if 20 offerings will result in unclean lines or so-so beer than I want less offerings. Id try to get and idea of what type of beer people like to drink so you can get an idea of how many "staples" you will have and then you can suppliment seasonals as space necessitates

3) Solid question

4) Good question, might also want to somehow ask if weekly specials are incentives to a person attending a brewpub - cheap pint nights, cheap wings etc.

5) Not really sure if this is necessary, should be able to work with a theme based on question number 3

I think you need to revise you answer options to get better feedback. Or maybe tell us what you are looking to gain from each of the questions.

1) thats all standard pub fare/american that I would expect to get anywhere, maybe ask what types of food people like to eat american, tex mex, breakfast etc. stuff like that.

2) What is this going to tell you besides variety? I want a brewpub to make great beer, if 20 offerings will result in unclean lines or so-so beer than I want less offerings. Id try to get and idea of what type of beer people like to drink so you can get an idea of how many "staples" you will have and then you can suppliment seasonals as space necessitates

3) Solid question

4) Good question, might also want to somehow ask if weekly specials are incentives to a person attending a brewpub - cheap pint nights, cheap wings etc.

5) Not really sure if this is necessary, should be able to work with a theme based on question number 3

Thanks for the input, We just want your opinion. We have our out of the box ideals. You can always place a suggestion in the suggestion area. Answer them to what you would like to see in a pub. Think outside the box. Your ultimate pub spot. No worries on the lines being dirty they will always be cleaned and inspected every night before going home.

You should go onto "survey monkey" or some similar site and build a well thought out and detailed survey we can just take a hyperlink to. I would gladly answer any questions you have. With folks from all over the U.S. and world, you could even find out what areas are truly lacking an adequate brewpub/microbrew. Perhaps your 5 or 6 cities may not be the best choices. FYI, Sandy Oregon will give you the land for free to build a microbrew place. You may also want to visit the "dream brew pub thread" where some of us have posted some thoughts.

You should go onto "survey monkey" or some similar site and build a well thought out and detailed survey we can just take a hyperlink to. I would gladly answer any questions you have. With folks from all over the U.S. and world, you could even find out what areas are truly lacking an adequate brewpub/microbrew. Perhaps your 5 or 6 cities may not be the best choices. FYI, Sandy Oregon will give you the land for free to build a microbrew place. You may also want to visit the "dream brew pub thread" where some of us have posted some thoughts.

Great idea for the survey monkey. We dont want to make a survey that takes all day to do. This is just a quick survey to be done in seconds.

A. Burger's and fries
b. Toasted sandwiches, soups, and salad's
c. Appetizer's (hot poppers, chicken wings, ect)
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
suggestion: pretty tired of the same old crap pub food, time to do something completely different. Nothing better than wood oven pizza and assorted other things made that way. Roasted meats/chicken used for sandwiches.

A. 5+
b. 10+
c. 20+
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
suggestions: Depends on what you think you can move reasonably well and turn a profit. Play it by ear!

3. What type on entertainment do you enjoy?
A. Sports and events
b. Pool table, darts, arcade, ect
c. Music
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
suggestions: Live! Jazz some nights, rock others, etc.

A. 1-2
b. 2-4
c. 4-7
d all of the above
e. None of the above
suggestion: I would go if someone would make it special.

A. Sport's
b. Automovtive
c. Social
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
suggestion:whatever that means?

. . . . .

Watch Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. About 3 episodes of that show or one like it will help you understand some of the restaurant side of the house. He may be an A-hole, but he does know his stuff. Keep things simple. If I go to a bar it should be for what kind of bar it is. If you are catering towards a brewpub, try to get a healthy amount of craft beers on tap, gradually introducing your own. You need the people that enjoy the type of beer you want to make to already be coming to your establishment.

Keep the bar food normal on the menu with your own personal touches. I should be able to recite half the food on your menu before I even see it. You need burgers, fries, onion rings, wings with 5+ different sauces, a Portabello mushroom/non-meat eater type dish, chicken sandwich fried/grilled, NY Strip/Sirloin/Ribeye, etc. You know the food. Make sure you have great tasting app's, too. If I'm going to booze, I don't want to get filled up with food, I want to drink all that awesome brew!

There's also another show that's called something like 'save my bar' that's great to watch to see what they are doing to go out of business. Not to mention they fix the bar to give an example of what it should be ran like.

Theme nights. Everyone loves theme nights!

Hope some/any of this helps or gives you an idea or thought. Cheers! -Juice

A. Burger's and Fries
B. Toasted sandwiches, soups, and salad's
C. Appetizer's (hot poppers, chicken wings, ect)
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion: I would eat all of the above, but I marked the one I eat the most. Also, grande nachos.

A. 5+
B. 10+
C. 20+
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions: I like variety on a menu, but I hate it when a place has a huge menu and they only have half of the stuff in stock...or you can tell it's been sitting around for a while in the freezer because it tastes bad.

A. Sports and Events
C. Music
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions: I think for it to be a nice place, it should have a bit of everything.

A. 1-2
B. 2-4
C. 4-7
D All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion: I don't go out to eat/drink too often...and when I do, I just wing it.

A. Sport's
B. Automovtive
C. Social
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion: A bar is a bar.

I'll throw out a couple things. I hit after work pubs in NE Charlotte a couple times per week with 15ish coworkers and a couple times per week with my wife and neighbors. My personal opinion for atmosphere is along the lines of our local Taco Mac. But we rarely go their because the food is mediocre, and the bartenders and servers are slow and inexperienced. We have a Flying Saucer nearby that smells like old beer and feet, so only go there if we're sitting outside. It is really aggravating to stare at an empty glass for 5 min or have a server look baffled when you ask them to redo a $6 Pint of Guinness that they brought out with a 4" head. "do we only pay 3/4 the price for 3/4 of a beer?"

The places we all go to the most often are the ones with excellent food and service and at least a serviceable beer menu. My wife doesn't even drink and the 1st place she always wants to go is Joe's Sports Bar cause the food is Consistently excellent, but it's just bar food, burgers, cheese steaks, buff chicken wrap... I can get Guinness, Newcastle, or Yeugling on tap there. not the best, but far cry better than BMC.

For the questions:
1. Sports more or less, like see something on a couple TVs.
2. 10 is enough for me as long as there are 6 or 7 good non-commercial options
3. Whatever. TV with sports center, I'm always with friends and want to be able to have a conversation without shouting over the entertainment.
4. Above, prolly 3-4 / week with a typical group of 4 or 5
5. Decor, whatever. Cool to see local craft brewers glasses, signs, mirrors or whatever.

Taco Mac is cool I spose, but $6.50/pint with crappy service and mediocre food keeps us away for their 100 beers on tap. And I wouldn't mind paying that if I wasn't so annoyed every time I went there.

GL

I'll throw out a couple things. I hit after work pubs in NE Charlotte a couple times per week with 15ish coworkers and a couple times per week with my wife and neighbors. My personal opinion for atmosphere is along the lines of our local Taco Mac. But we rarely go their because the food is mediocre, and the bartenders and servers are slow and inexperienced. We have a Flying Saucer nearby that smells like old beer and feet, so only go there if we're sitting outside. It is really aggravating to stare at an empty glass for 5 min or have a server look baffled when you ask them to redo a $6 Pint of Guinness that they brought out with a 4" head. "do we only pay 3/4 the price for 3/4 of a beer?"

The places we all go to the most often are the ones with excellent food and service and at least a serviceable beer menu. My wife doesn't even drink and the 1st place she always wants to go is Joe's Sports Bar cause the food is Consistently excellent, but it's just bar food, burgers, cheese steaks, buff chicken wrap... I can get Guinness, Newcastle, or Yeugling on tap there. not the best, but far cry better than BMC.

For the questions:
1. Sports more or less, like see something on a couple TVs.
2. 10 is enough for me as long as there are 6 or 7 good non-commercial options
3. Whatever. TV with sports center, I'm always with friends and want to be able to have a conversation without shouting over the entertainment.
4. Above, prolly 3-4 / week with a typical group of 4 or 5
5. Decor, whatever. Cool to see local craft brewers glasses, signs, mirrors or whatever.

Taco Mac is cool I spose, but $6.50/pint with crappy service and mediocre food keeps us away for their 100 beers on tap. And I wouldn't mind paying that if I wasn't so annoyed every time I went there.

GL

You have just hit it dead on with what we expierence aswell. Thanks for the input. We will only serve micro only. Non of that Bud, Miller, Coors BS. Our state is loaded with great microbreweries. So we are going to have awesome brews on tap. Again thanks for the info.

go to successful pubs and see how they do it. buy a few drinks and chat up the customers. If you must do food, get a good chef and head up market. Too much cheapo competition so set yourselves apart.

So over last weekend I spoke with my busniess partner. We both came to the conclusion that after the christmas madness we will start scoping out our locations. We have ideal's for 4 total cities. Starting January we will head out to each location and stop at the local pubs and see if we can hand out our survey of 5 questions. As long as the pub will let us. So I thought might as well get your input. Feel free, please note that this is a survey of your own opinion. All the feed back is appreciated. We will be starting off small serving beer and food. Then in about 6 months or so of success. We will then expand and build our brewhouse and start serving our beers as well. We have many great idea's and are moving towards planning but we would like your input. Please do not quote the survey. That would be a mess. if you go with answer (E) Please place in a suggestion. This is to help us, help the public with serving only the best every time. No question is a dumb question please ask.

A. Burger's and Fries
B. Toasted sandwiches, soups, and salad's
C. Appetizer's (hot poppers, chicken wings, ect)
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion: Pastrami Ruben

A. 5+
B. 10+
C. 20+
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions: I'd say focus on a few styles you can nail down perfectly at first, then expand

A. Sports and Events
C. Music
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions:

A. 1-2
B. 2-4
C. 4-7
D All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:

A. Sport's
B. Automovtive
C. Social
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:

every pub needs a reuben sandwich

What question are you really asking? Are you trying to figure out what people want or what people like? Yes you need to figure out what will sell, but you will never be able to make your place fit everyone else's mold of "what a pub should be." My suggestion would be do your survey, get some ideas, see what your probable competition is doing then do what you want, but do it better than anyone else is doing, put your own spin on it. Define your own vision for your establishment, then put it into action.

Please explain what is wrong with the questions? You say grammer is an issue.

Looks like one instance of "on" instead of "of". Seems pretty trivial and not likely to irk someone taking a survey about going to a bar. Unless, of course, that person is cranky.

Please explain what is wrong with the questions? You say grammer is an issue.
I see what spenghali is getting at. You had a few words with an apostrophe before the s, automotive was misspelled...nothing that made it hard for me to understand the questions though...so long as your menu is spelled correctly I don't see it being an issue :drunk:

every pub needs a reuben sandwich

Some of the best brewpubs I've been to do NOT have burgers and fries, unless they are "gourmet" burgers.

But sandwiches are great. A good reuben, or turkey reuben, panini type sandwiches, and specialty pizzas are easy and people will order them.

I do not want a wings/burger/fried stuff place when I am having a good beer. I'd go to Buffalo Wild Wings for that crap. If I'm going to eat, I'd want a sandwich and salad. Titletown Brewing Company will serve you a nice salad with spring greens and 1/2 of sandwich- perfect!

But appetizers are great, too, as sometimes I just want a beer or three but need something to help soak up the alcohol- so I'd order some deep fried "something" whether it's breaded veggies or onion rings to go with my beer.

Some of the best brewpubs I've been to do NOT have burgers and fries, unless they are "gourmet" burgers.

But sandwiches are great. A good reuben, or turkey reuben, panini type sandwiches, and specialty pizzas are easy and people will order them.

I do not want a wings/burger/fried stuff place when I am having a good beer. I'd go to Buffalo Wild Wings for that crap. If I'm going to eat, I'd want a sandwich and salad. Titletown Brewing Company will serve you a nice salad with spring greens and 1/2 of sandwich- perfect!

But appetizers are great, too, as sometimes I just want a beer or three but need something to help soak up the alcohol- so I'd order some deep fried "something" whether it's breaded veggies or onion rings to go with my beer.

You think like we do. We even what to venture into making grain bread on location. Thanks for the input.

So far I want to thank everone for your opinions. We where happy to see what great feedback you gave. We actually changed some of our thoughts because of some great ideals you gave. Keep them coming. We can never have to much feedback.

I see what spenghali is getting at. You had a few words with an apostrophe before the s, automotive was misspelled...nothing that made it hard for me to understand the questions though...so long as your menu is spelled correctly I don't see it being an issue :drunk:

If his menu used the apostrophe wrong all over the place on his menu, it would definitely irritate me as a customer. Would not make a good first impression.

If you try to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one.

You have to do what you want to do and give it 110%, because it will be your new home for the first few years. If it feels like work to you, then you will not succeed.

Best of luck to you!

Take a look at my favorite Brewpub. Brown's Taproom in Troy, NY. Troy is a dump. This place is in a crappy location. But they do a killer business because they care about everything.

They of course have a brewery on site (the building has housed a brewery for over a century), but they smartly offer bottled beer from outside of their own kegs, and of course you can get a Coors light - you mentioned you won't have ANYthing from BMC, which I think is a horrible idea. Most of us here don't drink it, but if I bring a half a dozen friends to Brown's, I can guarantee you at least two of them want ______ Light (usually the ladies).

Their beer is great, and the food really does standout. They use their beer in a lot of the recipes and even suggest pairings. None of their food comes frozen in a bag from some supplier and if it did I wouldn't eat there. They have good prices and great food. Have a look at their menu. I only wish I didn't live 2 hours away or I'd be there every week.

Brown

1. D
I think standard pub fare will work, but you also need to pay attention to what the local area prefers. You should attempt to come up with a signature entree or two that makes you stand out over other restaurants. People can go anywhere and grab a burger, fries, and a beer. What are you going to do with those burgers or fries that makes you better than going somewhere else?

Starting a restaurant is not cheap. You don't want a menu that is so large that you have to spend tons of money buying lots of different foods, not to mention storing it. That being said, even with pub fare, don't just buy frozen chicken fingers, beef patties, and appetizers. Home made food will keep people coming in. Chain restaurant food is okay, but their steaks and chicken are frozen, thawed, cooked and seasoned, and there is a significant difference in taste over fresh meats that have not been frozen over a long period of time. Yeah, it will cost more, but your food will be better, and will give someone a real reason to eat at your place over somewhere else.

2. B
You want to be able to offer people a standard selection of beers, yes beer snobs that means BMC types, but you also can bring in some more unique or local craft beers that spark an interest and bring a different type of customer to your pub. Starting out though, I wouldn't get too many offerings because again its more costly on your end. You might think you are being helpful to the customer to offer 20+ types of beer, but you also need to think of your overhead. You will only be successful if you make money. So, if you are spending all that money on unique food and lots of beer choices, that is less money you can take home and reinvest into your true dream of offering your own beer. Start small and expand, SLOWLY, when you are successful.

3. D
I think you will get different answers depending on who you ask. I think until say 7 or 8pm, you want to keep it more of a restaurant atmosphere so people can sit and enjoy their meals without having to scream to the person they are sitting next to just to have a conversation. That being said, live music and other forms of entertainment will bring crowds in. You will need someone who is in tune with the area who knows who the good local bands are. They will bring people in, you will probably have to pay them to be there, but a small cover charge would probably cover your costs if its a big fee.

4. E
I don't really frequent pubs in my area at all, mostly because there is only 1 in my town, and its idea of entertainment is karaoke Friday. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but its not enough to pull me there every week, and they stop serving food after 8pm...a huge reason we don't go there because what's the point if you cannot enjoy some nachos, wings, or fries while you are drinking and having a good time?

5. E
Again, I've said this before, but you will need to see what the local area is like. I personally see 'themed' restaurants very cheesy. It does not entice me to go into a place with sports junk all over the walls, or cars, or whatnot. I'd go a little deeper than some paint on the walls and tables, but don't go overboard on a theme. I think it just ends up being wasted money on your end and pointless because nobody is going to a pub or restaurant because it has sports memorabilia on the walls.

I'm no expert. My mom and step-dad ran a gelato shop that went from this small, successful operation to offering sandwiches, coffee, full meals, and the costs just went through the roof. They got out from under it, but the biggest mistake they made was expanding too quickly. Its just too much money unless you have a lot of it to waste. Start small, offer good, fresh food, a great selection of beers for all beer drinking types, get a good bartender and small but efficient and friendly wait staff, and line up good entertainment and you will be successful. Just in my experience, trying to be big in the beginning or expanding too quickly ends you in trouble. Also, make sure the town you are in has a good mix of people--as in college age and up.

D. These categories aren't mutually exclusive. I think a few good sandwiches, burgers and some unique appetizers is the way to go. Something a bit different than the standard fare you see at every other pub and chain restaurant. Everyone has burgers, so do something special with yours.

B. 10 is a good number, espescially since you are just starting out. You can always get more later. Why start with 20 different beers only to have full kegs of [insert beer] because nobody wants it? Start with a variety of craft beers, and a few BMCs. Then you can determine what's popular and add more. Also, the BMC style beers are essential. If you're hosting a company lunch or party at your pub I bet a lot of those people are only interested in drinking something they're already familiar with.

A few TVs showing sports and good music at a reasonable volume so people don't have to yell at eachother.

E. Only once or twice a month now, but I used to go weekly. I consider myself a fairly seasoned pub-goer.

I don't really know how to describe it. My favourite pub is kind of old looking with some wood panelling and darker lighting. It's a place to relax and talk over a few pints, even better in the winter when you can get the table by the fireplace. A few TVs to show sports and live music a couple times a week. Live music I think needs to start after 8 or 9 PM in my opinion though. I hate having to yell to have a conversation with friends.

This is what I like in a pub, obviously everyone is different. Pick an audience and cater to them. You can't please everyone. Good luck

sheeshomatic said:
Take a look at my favorite Brewpub. Brown's Taproom in Troy, NY. Troy is a dump. This place is in a crappy location. But they do a killer business because they care about everything.

They of course have a brewery on site (the building has housed a brewery for over a century), but they smartly offer bottled beer from outside of their own kegs, and of course you can get a Coors light - you mentioned you won't have ANYthing from BMC, which I think is a horrible idea. Most of us here don't drink it, but if I bring a half a dozen friends to Brown's, I can guarantee you at least two of them want ______ Light (usually the ladies).

Their beer is great, and the food really does standout. They use their beer in a lot of the recipes and even suggest pairings. None of their food comes frozen in a bag from some supplier and if it did I wouldn't eat there. They have good prices and great food. Have a look at their menu. I only wish I didn't live 2 hours away or I'd be there every week.

Brown

+1. Good craft beer will bring craft beer fans and wannabes in. Excellent food with fresh ingredients will bring everyone else back repeatedly, and that is the key to any service business. Watch a couple seasons of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. What you serve is almost immaterial if you do what you choose well.

There are a lot of folks that are fully brainwashed by BMC advertising. Much of my own family as a case in point. "this is a bar, right? And I can't get a miller lite?". Maybe have a gimmick to give anyone that orders that stuff a micro sample.

Also like the idea of using the beer in the recipes and suggesting pairings on the menu. But I'd say do it gracefully, sans the BA pompous reviews with vomitus streams of meaningless adjectives. And apologies if vomitus isn't a word, just made that one up.

I have two contrasting examples near me. Three floyds and beer geeks. Three floyds is an award winning brewery with a high end menu. Beer geeks is a local pub that has pretzels. However, beer geeks allows outside food in. they have 20 craft brews on tap as well as cask ales on the weekend. They also are $1-3 cheaper per pint on average and I've never had to wait 40 minutes to get in.

Both have great qualities. Focus on the beer

A few notes on this.

-Asking broad questions like this is not best answered on a forum full of people who do not live in your region.

-You need to research your area, and see what either is popular (and will do well) or what is missing and that you could fill the void of.

-For how many beers, people like us will always say "more is better!", but to the standard person this might not be the case. It should revolve around your capabilities.

-Get a restaurant consultant. There are professions out there that can give you some good guidance so you can avoid making hard to notice mistakes.

Remember this; the majority of business for a brew-pub is not for beer aficionados, geeks or snobs. Design towards your real audience. These questions might be fun for folks to chat about as a comparison of preferences, but not for a good focus group. What someone in Colorado or Ohio may want is completely different for what someone in Southern California would like.

1. A (I've fine with this but everytime we o to a pub my wife is wanting a steak so maybe have at least 1 on the menu.)

2. C ( It's always nice to have a nice selection somthing different everytime you go in is nice.)

3. A (but not a sports bar, somthing relaxing with nice bar area)

4. once a weeks for pint night

5. c

A. Burger's and Fries
B. Toasted sandwiches, soups, and salads
C. Appetizers (hot poppers, chicken wings, ect)
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion: I like a pub with a good selection of food, but there's also the option of setting up shop next to a good sub or pizza shop that delivers. Maybe have a couple simple things on the menu and put out menus for a local place. You can probably get a bit of profit for all of the orders you send their way. It would be much easier than setting up a restaurant/pub. Black Raven has done it very successfully and I don't mind their lack of food since the beer is good and there's good pizza delivered to your table from next door.

A. 5+
B. 10+
C. 20+
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions: The more the better...especially in WA where you can fill up a lot of taps with great local beer.

A. Sports and Events
C. Music
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestions:Some TVs with games on and some good life music is what I prefer.

A. 1-2
B. 2-4
C. 4-7
D All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:I visited pubs a few times a week when I wasn't broke...

A. Sport's
B. Automovtive
C. Social
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
Suggestion:No cheesy decor. Just a classic dark wood rustic feel.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Quality! I live in a resort location in southern Wisconsin, and it is so hard to find a pub or bar that can offer high quality food. My wife and I both cook quite a bit, so I like to think we have a decent palate, not too snobby! Try to find a place that can offer a decent grilled chicken sandwich, let alone anything else. I have longed to find a place with good quality pub food, and decent beer, along with people who know their product and want to provide good service. Trust me, if I am anywhere near, my wife and I would be regular customers!

Yooper said:

I was in green bay a month ago to watch my Bucs get beat.... Very impressed by titletown brewing and the packers fans were good people!

If you ever get a chance to get up into the North Cascades check out Birdsview Brewery. It's a family run brewpub located on highway 20 Just a little past Concrete. Dad does the brewing, mom runs the kitchen and the kids tend bar and serve. They usually 8 to 10 beers on tap - all their own and all are excellent!

The last time we were there I asked if I could get the recipe for their Ditsy Blonde and Bill asked me how big a batch I wanted to brew and he went into his office and printed a 5 gallon batch Beersmith recipe. Being in a rural area it is a different take on what it sounds like you are going after, but they have a loyal following and it's always fun to go there.

Check out their website Home - Birdsview Brewing Company or better yet go visit, drink some great beer and ask lots of questions. It's always good to check out as many different and successful operations as possible when embarking on a new venture.

If you ever get a chance to get up into the North Cascades check out Birdsview Brewery. It's a family run brewpub located on highway 20 Just a little past Concrete. Dad does the brewing, mom runs the kitchen and the kids tend bar and serve. They usually 8 to 10 beers on tap - all their own and all are excellent!

The last time we were there I asked if I could get the recipe for their Ditsy Blonde and Bill asked me how big a batch I wanted to brew and he went into his office and printed a 5 gallon batch Beersmith recipe. Being in a rural area it is a different take on what it sounds like you are going after, but they have a loyal following and it's always fun to go there.

Check out their website Home - Birdsview Brewing Company or better yet go visit, drink some great beer and ask lots of questions. It's always good to check out as many different and successful operations as possible when embarking on a new venture.

Thanks for that. I want to drive up there just to check it out.

I agree with this!

There's a lot of cool pressed sandwiches you could do that would interest a foodie crowd, but that's probably not the right answer if you want to make money...

Latest posts

Back