Official Beer Of The Week Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, BOTW is updated. This week is Schneider Weisse.

Next week is the only American version on the list for this month - Sprecher Hefe Weisse.
If you can find it get it and send some to those of us that can't. :)

The list is updated for this week, April 20-26

Sprecher Hefe Weisse
Sprecher Hefeweisse.jpg
If you can get it in your area, great. You may want to share some with those of us that can't get it. :)

Updated again for this week. Homebrew and local Commercial Hefeweizen.

Next week starts American Pale Ale Month.

I finally updated the list this week. With all the upgrades to the site I wasn't able to edit the thread.

This month is American Pale Ale and we're starting it off with the one that defined the American craft brew revolution:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
sierranevadapaleale.jpg

Updated again. You on the east coast should be able to find it...

Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale
Dogfish Head Shelter.JPG

I updated the BOTW again yesterday. Who's up for a tasting of Pete's Wicked Ale? I haven't had it in a while. I know the recipe has changed since Pete left the company a while back, but it's still one of the original American craft brews.

It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, so this is a reminder that there is an official Beer of the Week and this month, since we're in the dog days of summer, we're sampling Kolsch. This week:

Alaskan Summer Ale
AlaskanSummer.gif

And just a reminder to everyone, the first post in this thread is updated every week and the second post is a schedule of what's already been tasted and what's to come. Critiquing comments should be made in a thread in the Commercial Beer Discussion forum.

Weekly update...

This one should be easier to find all over the country.

Pyramid Curve Ball
Curveball.jpg

It's September, and although the name of the month doesn't suggest it, it's...

Oktoberfest:tank:

To kick of the festivities this weeks beer is the original...

Spaten Oktoberfest

SpatenOktoberfest.jpg

Ok, I've been one busy slacker, so this thing hasn't been updated for a while. So why don't we get back into the swing of things with some great beer? This week we have:

Russian River Damnation
damnation.jpg

After a couple months for being busy and a little lazy, I'm back on the horse with the Beer of the Week. I seem to have lost the privilege of editing the first two posts, so I'll just update here until I can get that resolved.

Here are a couple changes from last year

Every week is completely different and unrelated to the next. There will not be necessarily a monthly style, although seasonal beers will be planned accordingly

There are no more weeks dedicated to homebrew tasting. This will strictly be a commercial beer tasting and discussion. If a Mod wishes to start this post as a new thread in the Commercial Forum, please go ahead

So without further delay I bring you

Beer Of The Week January 18 - 24, 2009

Anchor Steam
anchorsteam.jpg

BJCP Guidelines for California Common Beer

And next week:

Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Beer Of The Week January 25 - 31, 2009

Young's Double Chocolate Stout
young's double chocolate.jpg
Next Week: Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA

Beer of the Week February 1 - 7, 2009