ISO: Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombat

Reaction score
I've never had the opportunity to try this beer, and I've always wanted to. I live in Canada, and it's not sold here. I've looked for it in my few travels to the US, but I've never been able to find it.

I know cross-border trades are a little less attractive, but I have access to some outstanding Quebec craft beers. Specifically, pretty much anything from Dieu du Ciel, including their renowned Peche Mortel Imperial Coffee Stout.

Is anyone willing to arrange a trade with me for some DFH 120?

I should be able to hook you up. Let me check my local shop before we make it official.

Red if you can't find it, I can send you a few bottles in a three way trade for some Two Roads stuff! I also have a few bottles of their Immort Ale and World Wide Stout.
The big three from DFH

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Red if you can't find it, I can send you a few bottles in a three way trade for some Two Roads stuff! I also have a few bottles of their Immort Ale and World Wide Stout.
The big three from DFH

Oh I can find it, just didn't want to commit before I had it in hand ;)

But as long as OP doesn't mind, I'd love to hook someone else up with something they want.

What do you think Kombat?

Anything specific duffman?

Oh I can find it, just didn't want to commit before I had it in hand ;)

But as long as OP doesn't mind, I'd love to hook someone else up with something they want.

What do you think Kombat?

Anything specific duffman?

Yea man, its up to the OP. I can also go vintage, too...I have a few tucked away for a vertical in 2016. I start at 2010 for the 120.

I've wanted to try Igor's dream, if you could find it.

Works for me. RedOktoberfest, what are you looking for? As I mentioned, I can get pretty much any Quebec microbrew, but the Dieu du Ciel stuff is very highly regarded. Just let me know what you want, and how much, and we'll get this trade going.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Yea man, its up to the OP. I can also go vintage, too...I have a few tucked away for a vertical in 2016. I start at 2010 for the 120.

I've wanted to try Igor's dream, if you could find it.

I was afraid that would be on your list. I've never seen a bottle.

I think I'll have to bow out if we start talking non-shelf beers.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I was afraid it was going to be non-shelf too...I've only seen pictures of the beast and only a few reviews.

Pretty sure it only comes out near Christmas. A buddy of mine (who isn't even into beer) has 2 bottles left from the 4 he got at last years release I think. I'll double check with him what time of year he got them.

So are we back to the original trade, RedOktoberfest? Let me know if you lay your hands on some DFH 120, and tell me what/how much you'd like from my end. There are some great Ontario craft brewers too, depending on what you're looking for. Flying Monkeys in Barrie makes a fantastic IPA (Smashbomb IPA), as does Amsterdam Brewing in Toronto (Boneshaker IPA). They're pretty easy for me to find around here.

If duffman agrees to keep it shelf and you are interested in 120, WWS, and immort. I say we use that as the trade value. I'm good with whatever you feel is worth sending. I'll hook him up with a two roads care package.

Green?

Or if you want multiple 120 IPA, I can swing that too. I can part with two bottles from last years release. If I was closer to the Milton branch in DE, I would be able to swing their super IPA glass, but that trip won't be until late in the month...hopefully for my birthday.

I hadn't even considered the Worldwide Stout or Imort Ale as options, but after reading the RateBeer reviews, I'm definitely intrigued! Are they the 750 mL bombers, or just regular size beer bottles? I'd say let's set the "DFH" part of the trade at 1 of each (120 IPA, Worldwide Stout, Imort Ale). Let me know the dollar value of those and I'll send an equivalent amount of Ontario/Quebec craft beers. I can pick them up this weekend and get them in the mail Sunday or early next week.

To be clear, BeerMeDuffMan will send me the 3 DFH bottles, and I'm sending beer to RedOktoberFest? Or am I just exchanging with BeerMeDuffMan, and you two are working out your own trade on the side, in addition to mine?

Those would be regular size bottles, but trust me when I say they are more then enough. 120 clocks in at 15%, WWS is at 18%, and I think Immort was 15%, but I can't remember. I'll be sending off to Red those bottles as well as something of his choosing for the trouble of being the midriff to the three way trade.
Red, what styles you like, brother?

ooo in regards to value...don't sweat the value man, value tastes. Pennsylvania pricing is just flat out stupid. Send something that would that you consider to be of proper value.

Ah, OK, so you'll send them to him, and he'll re-ship them to me. I'll send him my beer. Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand who's sending who what. :)

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Those would be regular size bottles, but trust me when I say they are more then enough. 120 clocks in at 15%, WWS is at 18%, and I think Immort was 15%, but I can't remember. I'll be sending off to Red those bottles as well as something of his choosing for the trouble of being the midriff to the three way trade.
Red, what styles you like, brother?

Don't worry about extra for me. Just hook up Kombat with DFH, I'll get the 2Roads to you, and she'll send me some crazy stuff with a bunch of silent vowels at the end of the name.

Monday should work.

to keep this as simple as possible, I'll ship out there to the Wilderness and you can ship to Red, and Red will ship to me. I'm not too familiar with shipping out of the states...is there going to be any issue with customs?

No worries there...I'll get this wrapped up and sent on Monday over my lunch break. Anything else from Philadelphia you want me to include in the box?

kombat said:
There shouldn't be - just check the box marked "gift" if you have to fill out the form describing what it is. And to clarify, I'm a "he," not a "she." :)

Sorry

image-2026544566.jpg

Huh, weird. I just went into my Account Profile, and it does indeed correctly list me as "Male" and "Married." I have no idea why it shows as "Female" and "Single" in the app.

Picked up a bunch of Dieu du Ciel brews for you today, but unfortunately, Peche Mortel was backordered. I picked up a worthy substitute instead. I'll get them in the mail to you shortly.

kombat said:
Picked up a bunch of Dieu du Ciel brews for you today, but unfortunately, Peche Mortel was backordered. I picked up a worthy substitute instead. I'll get them in the mail to you shortly.

Mmm... Sounds tasty!

Back