Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah! What a funny thread to read.

That Sir Humpsalot guy... he's a bit of a character, eh? I think he's surrounded by playboy models and wears lederhosen with aplomb.

Az_ipa is your typical retiree living in pheonix,early 60s wearing a hawian shirt,tilley hat and cargo shorts. When not relaxing in a hammock ( woven from hop vines) drinking a beer, he enjoys traveling in his motorhome with his wife and shih tzus

Goofynewfie said:
Az_ipa is your typical retiree living in pheonix,early 60s wearing a hawian shirt,tilley hat and cargo shorts. When not relaxing in a hammock ( woven from hop vines) drinking a beer, he enjoys traveling in his motorhome with his wife and shih tzus

I don't have the first bit of empirical knowledge about the man as he is in the flesh, but I suspect that this description is epically incorrect. :)

I find it amusing that so many people here are known enough to be "personalities"

MalFet said:
I don't have the first bit of empirical knowledge about the man as he is in the flesh, but I suspect that this description is epically incorrect. :)

Your suspicions are correct, but it provided a lot of amusement for a few of us. That's what makes this thread great. :mug:

I'll save you all the trouble. I look roughly like this:

thor-movie-images-of-the-legendary-hammer_468.jpg

Fun thread. I haven't been around the board long enough to generate many visions of what people are like in real life. I may even be considered too much of a board "noob" to be able to post this, but here are a few that I have formulated based on some posts that I have seen:

Yooper - Pictures of her are pretty much what I expected based on her posts.
Revvy - I picture him to be a large guy with a somewhat low patience level. Kind of like the role that John Goodman played in the Big Lebowski.
unionrdr - For some reason, I picture him to be average build, mid-30s, and pretty easy to get along with.

Great thread - I agree with a previous sentiment of it being "vastly entertaining".

This thread is very entertaining. When I read all the posts I do form a mental picture in my head of what everyone might look like. Mainly, I read all of Dan's posts like James Bond because of his avatar picture. I think of Yooper as mid fifties, petite, medium-long brown hair with a touch of gray. Her and Mr Yooper are one of those couples that are almost too cute together.
I'm still a little new here, but just so no one ever has to guess, here's me.
Warning: this picture may depict a slightly unattractive 28 year old drinking beer. Viewer discretion is advised.

image-1357789802.jpg

I picture Zuljin as being like Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys, only minus the looks obviously ;)

I think of Yooper as the matriarch of HBT. She is petite and ageless. A spunky, chatty brunette haired gal happy with life, really likes beer and has many hobbies. Her and Bob's roles seem reversed in the traditional manner which to me is refreshing. I actually PM'd her a while back to tell her she reminded me very much of a friend of mine. Same personalities. When ever Yooper post a message my brain plays it in my friend's voice.

Revvy - I picture him at a large desk in a judge's smock with a pipe hanging out his mouth and a homebrew sitting next to his keyboard while he scours HBT in search of bad information that he will bring brew gospel to. I have a voice in my head as well for Revvy.. Kind of gravelly, deep and soothing when he is calm but it goes up a few octaves and becomes a preacher's hell fire and brimstone voice upon occasion.

Passepawn, I call him Pappy, because he has helped me and others so many times. Don't get me wrong, I know many other people here do the same. But I think PassedPawn's always positive posts just make me think of "Pappy" His avatar I always picture is what he looks like. He's also one very intelligent and well educated fellow but is not intimidating. Again with him, there is a very distinct voice playing in my noggin while reading Pappy's post. I saw the video when he cooled wort in his swimming pool. Voice was totally different than expected, still looked like a classic Ward Cleaver but I still hear his voice in my head different from his own.

BottleBomber.. I see him exactly as his avatar. A truly good guy, a Boy Scout of sorts. Wise beyond his years, he can be sincere and comforting and wittingly hilarious.

CreamyGoodness. Not sure if I have a picture in my mind of him other than that red headed kid on the Mad magazine cover! But talk about personalities on HBT! I love his post, his imagination, wit and humor amaze me! I don't know how many times I've broken into uncontrolled laughter at work from reading CG threads. I also see him as a sincere man, new husband, family man starting a new phase in his life with many great days ahead. :mug:

I will also say TyTanium, and Juan Moore; who usually post few words at a time always come across as devine entities to me! They are like like the Greek gods or Patron Saints of homebrewing. To me they both seem larger than life.

Ischavio - A tough a$$ed, hilarious, genious!!

Labratbrewer. Well ever since he posted the LabRatBrewer pic.. that's how I see him. What I know about him is he is creative, very smart and enjoys the Riddle thread. A lot! ;)

Emjay.. I see his avatar. A genious of a man, diverse as the universe and not swayed by emotion except when it comes to pets.

TxBrew - To me he's the best guy in the world because he started HBT! I see him as a young FDR. He doesn't post often that I have seen but when he does it seems nerdy. (In a good way!) I see him as a quiet, very humble, hard working family man and an all around great guy!

Yooper, HBT is a pretty cool place with many characters. I'm often either laughing out loud uncontrollably, have even had a few tears streaming down at times, been in awe of the DIY projects, find comfort in,and happy to be a small part of this great HBT site.

Many great people onboard here. I'm sure we all have different favorites. I could spend many more hours writing about all the wonderful people I have encountered on here but need to hit the rack. Tomorrow morning always comes to quickly.

This thread could and hopefully will go one endlessly!

:mug:

Wait a minute, Yooper is an actual lady? I thought she was a brewing queen!

HEHE! I'm a lifelong New Yorker but grew up between Middletown and Newburgh. I've been living here for 10 years.

uniondr isnt so much a man as he is an assortment of brewing ingredients.

Aaaaw...you been peekin! Any more ideas in my,head,notebook,& sticky notes...& I'm gunna turn into a bi-pedal LHBS. Then there's the fridge,pantry,man cave...so many ideas...so little fermenters...

Wallkill, Pine Bush schools (go Bushmen.... away!). Born in Warwick. I told my dad that the cop I talk to on the homebrewing forum is thinking of moving to Warwick and he suggested I talk you out of it. "The taxes will eat him alive".

Hehe, I'm terribly curious (and self-involved)... what does it say exactly?

Ahhhhhh... and then there's Moto...

If there is ONE guy on HBT that I can easily picture living in mom's basement... with old school Brett Favre posters, maybe some Violent Fems posters... some Cure posters... heating up Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs on a hot plate one night and going with microwaveable mac and cheese the next night... driving the 1979 Nova with the floorboards all rotted out... Ladies and Gentleman... I give you Motobrewer.

I'm guessing early 30's... long hair...

Ahhhhhh... and then there's Moto...

If there is ONE guy on HBT that I can easily picture living in mom's basement... with old school Brett Favre posters, maybe some Violent Fems posters... some Cure posters... heating up Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs on a hot plate one night and going with microwaveable mac and cheese the next night... driving the 1979 Nova with the floorboards all rotted out... Ladies and Gentleman... I give you Motobrewer.

I'm guessing early 30's... long hair...

oh, capey, if you only knew....

did you know Violent Femmes are from Milwaukee?

I figure Moto comes from the old voice that said 'Hello Moto' every time a Motorola phone turned one. I picture Moto snickering like a little kid every time he hears it.

Ahhhh damn it... There is a picture SOMEWHERE on HBT that, if I do say so myself, illustrates Cape Brewing perfectly (damn effin right I can roll in the third person).

It's a picture of me absolutely berating PTN at one of his little cookouts a couple years ago. He talked up a huge game about his new rig and like the schmoe he is, he waited until THAT day to even put water in the damn thing to test it. Sure enough, he starts filling the thing and it looked like something out of an old cartoon... where the character gets shot with a shotgun, drinks a big thing of water and then spouts 15 streams of water... that's what the rig looked like.

I am standing there with a HUUUUGE sht-eatin' grin on, just laying into Paulie. He has this look of utter defeat on his face while he's scrambling trying to salvage whatever dignity he has left while a small group of folks look on... half awkwardly laughing with these, "Oh my God... I can't believe this person is talking to poor Paul like that" expressions on their faces while the other half just stands there in horror. It's so effin' beautiful. Excluding my two children's, I think it's my favorite picture... EVAH.... I can't believe I can't find it.

Plus you can clearly see that I am not as Az describes but, instead, super hot.

Now that says a lot... ;)

We're looking at moving somewhere in Orange, possibly Warwick area. Where are you from?

I grew up in Cornwall, south of Newburgh. It's a nice town but not much going on there. Honestly, not much going on that side of river at all. I would consider Dutchess county, maybe Wappinger Falls. You'll end driving over there to get to anything worthwhile in regards to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Orange county turned into a huge relocation area for NYC people after September 11th, and IMO that influx of people ruined the area, but bumped up property values. It's a beautiful area though, and I do miss it occasionally.

My Aunt used to live in Cornwall, Darwin. The world is too small. By the way, judging from your posts I get the feeling that you have a full on workshop in your garage, the floor of which you could eat off of.

Also, I went to Marist in Poughkeepsie, a town that is kind of hit or miss. Wappingers and Fishkill are pretty nice, I agree.

I figure Moto comes from the old voice that said 'Hello Moto' every time a Motorola phone turned one. I picture Moto snickering like a little kid every time he hears it.

lol, half this is true (second half)....

but, and, I don't mean to cross streams here (er, threads), but the "moto" is from when was I tracking my ducati.

alas, my family has racked up $$$$$ of medical bills, and I've had to sell.

but soon, my friend, i shall be riding again....

also, I picture bird as a very literal combination of his current avatar and his past avatar.

For some of the veteran posters I can come up with an idea (probably very wrong) of how they look but for whatever reason, my mind tends to assign voices to people's posts.

Yooper still sounds like a really sweet mid 20's chick with a heart yet not afraid to politely call you out.

Revvy has a fairly deep but slightly raspy voice from smoking for 30 years.

emjay has an extremely condescending and sarcastic tone.

Creamy/Cheezy (yes they are the same person) are pretty easily riled up but are not afraid to bow to and take advice from any of the many geniuses here on the board.

Gear101 sounds drunk.

PassedPawn sounds "average" but I picture him looking at you with those "did you really just say that" eyes but he would never write an insult about you/the situation.

(all in good fun) :mug:

Remember that Gear101 isn't gay or anything either because he has daughters. :)

Darwin, no Dutchess for us, residency requirements. I can live in Putnam though and it is on our radar.

Back