Brewing is my zen & recipe thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelimbo

Reaction score
Oh man - how I have missed brewing! Its been a couple months since my last brew session but sitting here in the garage in 20F weather with snow on the ground and just content like a dog by a warm fire. It is excellent!

Brewing up an Pale/IPA right now (want the hop aroma but not so bitter that friends won't enjoy the beer - I like the bitter but looking to share). Would love feedback on what you guys think. This is my first reciepe:
60% Briess 2 Row
30% Marris Otter
3.33% Crystal 60L
3.33% Carafoam
3.33% Melanodin

Hops :
FWH - .5 oz Chinook
20min - 1 oz Centenial
10min - .5 Chinook
0 min/Whirlpool - 1oz Amarillo & 1 oz Moziac

Rock on guys! Have a kick ass day!

Your malt profile is fine, pick a neutral yeast, Wyeast 1056 is my favorite and make a starter. Also if you want to decrease bitterness, I know it may seem uncomfortable, but try out hop bursting. It is a great way to work on your brewing technique and really gets that wonderful hop aroma and flavor without the bitterness. I recently made a Belgian Dubbel IPA with a ton of Centennial, Citra, and Galaxy at the end. Came out suuuuper fruity, lots of notes of lemon, grapefruit and orange peel. My non IPA friends dig it, and its just a very unique taste you don't commonly get from commercial IPAs.

Back